Calabashman doesn't get it & needs help printing out plans

My first attempt to print Flitetest plans is not going well. I have a Hp color all in 1 printer and when I tried to print out the plans and then checked them against your 1" scale on top of the page I could not get my printed copies to match your scale -- i.e. your 1" scale was only 7/8" on my copy and no matter which copy of your plan (4) I printed out they all came out 1" = 7/8" -- and I had no way to adjust my copy magnification to -- for example 105% to get my copy to the right size. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Otherwise I love what you guys do and just bought your Cessna 150 Commuter kit to build. Thanks Richard

Matagami Designs

Master member
My preferred way to print plans is to use adobe acrobat reader. Get full sized plans and select poster to print tiles. Make sure the scaling is set as 100%.

moret

Screen shot of my adobe acrobat read print page.
Good luck and have fun

1571890457114.png

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I love what you guys do and just bought your Cessna 150 Commuter kit to build. Thanks Richard
You’ll love be commuter - it flies really well. One of my favorites!

Attachments

• 0B0181F1-4F39-4083-A0F0-98286E9DCB06.jpeg
    0B0181F1-4F39-4083-A0F0-98286E9DCB06.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • A3374A7A-A5A7-41E4-BE68-AC07FF779EC9.jpeg
    A3374A7A-A5A7-41E4-BE68-AC07FF779EC9.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
You’ll love be commuter - it flies really well. One of my favorites!
Thanks, I'm excited to get involved with RC in general and building planes that I'll fly. Just started the kit build and just found a deviation from the build video and what's in the kit. Video shows the firewall being attached to the "end" of the mount. My kit includes a mount that is wider so that the firewall piece fits inside the mount and not on the end. Being my first build I hope this isn't going to be a problem down the road. It means the whole mount is approx .25" wider that original. I'll press on to the next step. Thanks again. Calabashman

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Some printers need to be calibrated to print accurately. You may need to set the Tile Scale to 114% (1"/ 7/8" = 114%) instead of 100% to get accurate printouts.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Thanks, I'm excited to get involved with RC in general and building planes that I'll fly. Just started the kit build and just found a deviation from the build video and what's in the kit. Video shows the firewall being attached to the "end" of the mount. My kit includes a mount that is wider so that the firewall piece fits inside the mount and not on the end. Being my first build I hope this isn't going to be a problem down the road. It means the whole mount is approx .25" wider that original. I'll press on to the next step. Thanks again. Calabashman
That sounds right. There is the internal piece, and then the power pod slides right in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0