Calling all EPP FPV'ers!

Carbon

Elemental Madness
I need your oppinion on this plane. I was told by a very reliable source that I would be disappointed with it's flight characteristics for FPV and specifically my search and rescue project. What is your verdict? I want to run it off of a 5450mah 3 cell and a 3536/8 outrunner with a 3 bladed 10x6 prop. This is to carry two FPV setups, one using a pan/tilt and zoom. Would it be able to fly? For how long? Would it fly slow and stable?

Thanks guys!

I'm looking to do something similar with FPV to check the cattle on my 1900 acre ranch. I have no input on this particular plane to help you out tho, not that my review would mean very much, I'm teaching myself how to fly just to attempt this experiment.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Jimmy, I am working on a system to check my cattle, game and fences as well. I will be using a home built 200mW 5.8GHz FPV system and a SkySurfer from Banana Hobby with a 2500mm wingspan (8'). I am also coupling it with an Ardupilot 2.5 from DIY Drones which will fly it autonomously to points I select on a map. The ArduPilot has airspeed sensors, electronic compass, barometer, GPS, Gyro's and Accelerometers as well as a telemetry radio to send flight information back to my laptop. There will also be a GoPro Hero2 HD for hard copy of the flight for later analysis. With a 5000mAh battery I expect to get 30 to 45 minutes of flight time.

Carbon, I don't see a link?

Thurmond

g828

Stickman
This one, I think, from the title
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__14465__EPP_FPV_1_8M_X_Large_EPP_Carbon_Fiber_R_C_Plane.html

FPV-EPP.jpg

Carbon

Elemental Madness
Yarr, thats the one. I didn't post a link but I figured out that it is indeed susceptible to crosswinds. The wide body gets pushed around.

IamNabil

From what I hear, throwing a gyro in the EPP FPV makes it just about perfect, at least as far as weather handling is concerned. To be fair, I don't recall where I read that.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I don't know what was wrong with Carbon's Raptor, but mine's great when loaded up. But the Super Skysurfer is super awesome. If the postage wasn't such a killer I'd have one already.