Calling all Northern NJ Flitetest Pilots

MentalOrigami

Hey Flynn! Are you guys still meeting up? I'm pretty new to flying, located down in the Trenton, NJ area. It'd be a bit of a hike but worth it to get some advice.

Flynn

Yeah man! I'll have to see what's up for this weekend. We usually are flying if the weather is good. Welcome to the forum, welcome to the fun!

wolfjon

FYI The state show up to the field on Green pond rd this week and starting working on installing fences in the fields. I think it due to vehicles being driven on the grass. Hopefully they will be low and not gated closed. I met you guys a little over a 2 weeks ago right after Tony had left before Djentangle got there with the Helis
Tony had me fly his ugly stick Via buddy box last weekend and I flew my maiden voyage of th FT Flyer last night using all the parts I bought for a Bloody wonder which I wil be building next.

Flynn

FYI The state show up to the field on Green pond rd this week and starting working on installing fences in the fields. I think it due to vehicles being driven on the grass. Hopefully they will be low and not gated closed. I met you guys a little over a 2 weeks ago right after Tony had left before Djentangle got there with the Helis
Tony had me fly his ugly stick Via buddy box last weekend and I flew my maiden voyage of th FT Flyer last night using all the parts I bought for a Bloody wonder which I wil be building next.

Awesome, thanks for the update Wolfjon. Maybe they will mow the grass soon :) Good luck with the Bloody Wonder, let us know if you need a hand

wolfjon

They mowed it last week I was there tonight flying again. Had a good 3 minute flight and then broke my third APC prop.. I need to get a prop saver or a different type of 8x4e with a little more flex... That and get better at flying LOL..
It looks like they are doing a wood 3 row fence but they do also have rolls of 8ft chain link there as well. We'll see what happens.

Flynn

Hey Wolfjon, we are planning to meet up at the Green Pond site on Sunday roughly 10 or 11. I drove by it last night it looks like they're just putting a fence up around the perimeter. We'll see how it goes hopefully we don't get kicked out of there but if we do we have a couple more sites we can go to. Stop by if you're around!

Flynn

I'm glad you made it up! I'm so happy the weather held out. :) I will keep an eye on that plane I'll let you know if we get it back. :(

here's couple videos from my blunt nose versa and go pro of our last meet this past sunday..

Warning my flight video might make you dizzy, i'm not that smooth when it comes to flying...

Flynn

Jon, Good times! You did great with that FT Flyer even with the bit of wind we had. Hope to see you next time!

Here's a vid from the quad, pre-crash, lol

Flynn

Another great Sunday of flying, and some crashing, mainly myself. But fun was had by all! Here's a video of Steve's Sukhoi, Jeff's Duster and Mike's FT Spitfire. I love this quad/fpv thing.

PM me or Post here if anyone in the North Jersey Area wants to join our weekend meetups and do some flying!

rc@nyc

ft

I live in New York City in the middle of Manhattan, so it's really hard to pursue my rc hobbies. Im glad there are other people around me who like flite test.