Calling all Northern NJ Flitetest Pilots

Flynn

I think that is your plane flying below. I believe you were flying the bloody wonder.

Yeah man, I think that was me, ;)

I flew the storch last weekend and the bigger motor and prop worked. It took off immediately. It flew great for about 5 mins and then the right aileron servo control arm broke. I ended up putting it into a tree about 15 feet up in the air. I was able to retrieve it but the tail was broken. So i have got all the pieces cut out for a new fuselage and will hopefully try it again this weekend. How was everyone elses flying weekend.

Awesome! Our flying was great, hopefully il have a video to link. I'm glad you worked things out with the Storch.

About half way through you can see Steve's 3D printed landing gear for the FT Duster. I can't wait to try it on the Baby Blender!

Last edited:

mactek

Thats a nice place to fly, I wish i could of come up there. That looks better the than the Rockaway location. What is the name of the club that flys there?

Cool, see you there tomorrow Mactek.. I think you spread the glider bug to us after flying your radeon, Flynn and I got Great planes Kunai and Foam Killer just picked up a UMX radeon.. :applause:

mactek

Working late tonight. My starch is 90% done after last weeks tree incident so i may only be bringing the radian over tomorrow.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Guys, is it ok if I move this thread to the Northeast-USA section of the forum? It's not really an "official" FT meetup.

(NJ is northeast, right? :))

designandshutter

I would definitely be interested in attending one of these meetups to fly!

My name is Christian. I am the owner of www.cinemaflight.com here in NJ.

I have been looking to find friends to fly with, all my friends are to scared and cheap to get into the hobby.

Here is one of my most recent videos flying around in NJ

mactek

I like the video you did at Atlas. That was really cool. Hopefully i will be able to come out and fly with you guys this weekend.

designandshutter

I like the video you did at Atlas. That was really cool. Hopefully i will be able to come out and fly with you guys this weekend.

Thank you, it was a awesome opportunity to get them as a client and their video turned out a lot better than I expected. Though things can always get better, now with the hero 4 my video quality and low light capabilities will be even better! :cool:

I look forward to meeting up and flying this weekend.

Okay that sounds good. Sounds like it is going to be pretty windy on Sunday.

Yeah it was so windy, Flynn did much better than I. I hovered my helis a couple times and crashed the sukhoi on a ruff landing.. Flynn was killing it with his newly built FT-mustang!

Flynn

Aww, thanks man!

FTMustang01.jpg

It was great to meet Designandshutter! I'm going the 4s route and smaller props, the video from the quad still has a ton of jello.

Flynn

Well, here's the latest video from the Sunday flying club we've put together this summer. We've really had a great time over the last 4-5 months. I've found the Electro hub setup that works the best for me chasing planes is 4s 3000 and 9x6 prop. Check it out