Calling all Northern NJ Flitetest Pilots

Flynn

Another video from this past weekend. Watch out for the close call!

This Electrohub has been great for learning FPV.

Indoor fun fly this Sunday at Greenwood Lake middle school. From the email:
Sun Nov 23rd Greenwood Lake silent flyers will host another indoor fly-in. Pilots have to be an AMA member. $10 landing fee. All proceeds go to supplies for the kids and the school. 9am-3pm. Spectators are welcome free from 10am-2pm. There will be flight simulators, glider builds, buddy box flight instruction by an AMA instructor, and a FPV demonstration where you will get to wear FPV goggles and see out of a flying multi-rotor! Also plenty of micro RC aircraft will be taking to the skies. No charge for the kids to get involved.

We'd also like to thank Greenwood Lake schools, and the Village of, for their continued support. Any questions call Anthony Sole at 845-494-7770

ShavenWookee

Just moved to middletown NY and am looking for indoor flying locations

Do you know of any indoor flying locations? I just built my mini Speedster, but unfortunately my fingers are made of meat, and meat freezes in the winter. Will drive for hoonage. EDIT: Just read the post above. Ill try and make it. I guess i need to bite the bullet and get an AMA card.

Last edited:

Flynn

Indoor fun fly this Sunday at Greenwood Lake middle school. From the email:
Sun Nov 23rd Greenwood Lake silent flyers will host another indoor fly-in. Pilots have to be an AMA member. $10 landing fee. All proceeds go to supplies for the kids and the school. 9am-3pm. Spectators are welcome free from 10am-2pm. There will be flight simulators, glider builds, buddy box flight instruction by an AMA instructor, and a FPV demonstration where you will get to wear FPV goggles and see out of a flying multi-rotor! Also plenty of micro RC aircraft will be taking to the skies. No charge for the kids to get involved.

We'd also like to thank Greenwood Lake schools, and the Village of, for their continued support. Any questions call Anthony Sole at 845-494-7770

Thanks for the heads up! I won't be able to make it but thanks for the info!

Rc AirSquad

Cool, Nice to know that people around be do stuff with this hobby. Im located in glen rock. Im a beginner, (and 11). I have a FT flyer, and a custom cargo carrier build but I need eletroincs and a name for it. I have had the FT flyer ready for about 2 months, but the battery is being a jerk, and my charger is spazing out. Any suggestions?

Flynn

Cool, Nice to know that people around be do stuff with this hobby. Im located in glen rock. Im a beginner, (and 11). I have a FT flyer, and a custom cargo carrier build but I need eletroincs and a name for it. I have had the FT flyer ready for about 2 months, but the battery is being a jerk, and my charger is spazing out. Any suggestions?

You would have to be more specific. Does your charger have a screen on it? You might need a battery checker to see if it gone below the chargers capability to bring it back to a full charge

Techno

Sunny Day Park Flyer
This looks great guys, I've been flying off of a baseball field for 2 years. It's nice to know that there are some fellow pilots in the area. No more sand in my fuselages!

Flynn

Hopefully we have this field for at least a year or so more. I think the plan is to eventually turn into soccer fields, because you know every child in America needs his own soccer field. Anyways here's a video from this past weekend. One of the best so far I think

mactek

I was on Hobbyking yesterday and they finally had the Bix 3 in stock so i picked one up. I think this will make a great fpv plane.

Flynn

I was on Hobbyking yesterday and they finally had the Bix 3 in stock so i picked one up. I think this will make a great fpv plane.

Awesome man! I can't wait to see that.

Wow that was a great video Kevin. Did you edit that all on the Ipad?

Yeah Man, I love the shot of swooping by and coming around in front of the plane. The last half is with the 250 quad, I am shocked at how stable the footage is.

mactek

Have you guys been flying at all. Video looks great so looking forward to spring. One other thing are you guys going to WRAM and if so what day.

Last edited:

Flite of the kiwi

Hello all! I am very new to rc flying and haven't found anyone around me to fly with; I am wondering if I could join you guys during a get together sometime. I am located in Binghamton NY (right on the PA border)and I wouldn't mind the drive if I could meet new friends and get some pointers as well.

Flynn

Hello all! I am very new to rc flying and haven't found anyone around me to fly with; I am wondering if I could join you guys during a get together sometime. I am located in Binghamton NY (right on the PA border)and I wouldn't mind the drive if I could meet new friends and get some pointers as well.

Heck yeah man! Unfortunately I don't think we will be flying until spring, lol. But we'll keep you posted.

Flite of the kiwi

Thanks

Hey thanks Flynn for giving me a chance! These flite test guys have really got me into this hobby and it is so hard to wait. im so impatient i have been flying my baby radian in ten mph winds and snow. lol probably not smart since id still want a plane to fly in spring and summer though. Hopefully it makes me a better pilot first learning in tough weather.