Calling all Northern NJ Flitetest Pilots

Hey Fellow NJ/NY Metropolitan area flyers,

I wanted to start a Thread and see who's in my area that fly, who likes FT and wants to meet up. I'm based out of Hackensack NJ and will most likely be joining Wayne Modelers and Hackensack Valley Flyers. I also fly at local parks and football fields by my way and also by my friend in Roxbury Township, NJ.

So lets get some info and plan a proper meet up soon.

Lets get a list and continue the RC community fellowship Flitetest has built, I'll start

Firstname: Steve
Fly: FT flyer w/ ailerons, FT bluntnose versa, FT mustang, FT racer, FT Batbone FPV and Blade 450X heli.

Flynn

You know I'm in!

I live in Oak Ridge, close to Rockaway and Dover. I am a member of the Black Dirt Squadron Goshen NY. I know of a place on Green Pond Road in Rockaway that used to be a golf course and now its just kinda open. Borders with Green Pond Road and on the top of the mountain.

Firstname : Kevin
Flying: FT Racer, Versa, Cruiser, Spitfire, BW, 75% FT-22. A Durafly P-51 that can only land on a pane of glass. Yet to Maiden the Viggen. Building another Spitfire, Baby Blender, BW. Repairing a Strega P-51 balsa, lol

PeterGregory

CrossThread Industries
Hey all, Can't make anything this weekend but maybe next. I will strengthen my FT Slinger this weekend, and finish a mega-mini-bipe - I scaled up a minibipe from slowbipe.com. If it retains all the slow characteristics of the minibipe, I will strap my gopro on it for first aerial footage. And if that works out, you know what that means. Yes, getting an FPV system.
Let's keep in touch -
Best,
Peter

Flynn

Nice Peter! I can't wait to see that Bipe. I think we are flying in Hackensack today. That's closer for you than north west jersey?

Flynn

Nice day, great people! I had an awesome time! We flew and crashed (myself broke about 8 props) a ton of FT planes, more flying then crashing. The Bloody Wonder streamer battle was insane! Steve was the obvious winner with my streamer wrapped around his motor/prop. We will definitely be doing this again and anyone who wants to come out and fly should stop by for some casual flight time. Bring your park flyer and we will have some fun!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Here's some more pics from me, these were snapshot from some gopro videos. I will create a highlight video soon and have it available.

Maiden Launch of my FT-BloodyWonder v2
hff1.png

Kevin hand launching his FT-BloodyWonder
hff2.png

Kevin's FT-Versa in the air, filmed by my FPV FT-BatBone
hff3.png

Some more pics

Kevin's FT-Versa, closer look.
hff6.png

Jeff's newly painted NOS FT-Delta, hand launched by Kevin.
hff11.png

Jeff's FT-Delta, launched by Kevin
hff12.png

Jeff's FT-Delta in mid flight, BatBone
hff10.png

Jeff and Kevin chatting about the delta
hff9.png

Last edited:
I also had a great time guys, we definitely need to do this again soon. For now, here's a video posted by JeffP on his youtube channel.

I should have my video edited and posted later this week.

Foam killer

Great time guys especially the streamer battle I have some good video of that that will be up shortly

Name: Jeff
Fly: delta Nutball flyer bloody wonder (thanks kevin) bate one and some small helis and nano qx

Great time guys especially the streamer battle I have some good video of that that will be up shortly

Yes the streamer battle was so much fun, and also so damn hard. FT makes it look so easy in their videos, but no, in truth you need to be able to fly well enough to chase other planes using your peripherals. Can't wait to do it again.

Flynn

I can't believe how many time I hit the dirt and that Bloody Wonder still flew. Some tape and I was back in the air. Jeff, first time flying that BW and you were a pro! Steve, I have so many questions about that tricopter, that thing was amazing!

I can't believe how many time I hit the dirt and that Bloody Wonder still flew. Some tape and I was back in the air. Jeff, first time flying that BW and you were a pro! Steve, I have so many questions about that tricopter, that thing was amazing!

Yeah man, when you're ready to build one, let me know. we can go bat bone or quad or hex depending on what you want. I gotta tune the KK2.1.5 board, it was so wobbly and I know I can get it to fly better and more stable which will translate to better videos :)

FT Mustang Maiden, next is the streamer combat and highlight videos.

sorry but i used a bad word so explicit language in the video, sorry again, next time i'll bleep myself out.

Last edited:

Flynn

We are at it again guys. We will be flying tomorrow in Morris County. If you want to join us leave a post here or pm me. Come and fly or just hang out!

Flynn

These meet-ups are great. We seem to have more fun and more people each time. These meet-ups are open to everyone. Come out and hang or fly! Post here or Pm me for more info!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited: