Calling all Northern NJ Flitetest Pilots

degriz

Welcome! Nice! Are those A-10s in your avatar what you fly?

Both A-10's have yet to be flown, they are built from DTFB and Elmers board from the FRC foamy plans. Hopefully soon I can get the first flights in

One is full size and the other is 80%.

Flynn

Hey guys we are planning on getting together this Sunday April 12th. Pm me if you are interested I'll send you the details.

Flynn

Well Guys, I'm sad to say that this flying field is now 2 soccer fields. So this ends a chapter in our rc lives. But! all is not lost. We have fouond a great group of guys to fly with and we joined a great club. We no longer fly in North Jersey, but do make the trek down to North Brunswick once a week. After putting the "feelers" out to some northern clubs and getting no response or "we are only taking new members that have no experience" (I mean really? explain that one to me) we met with the guys from TriCountyRC and felt right at home. They do it all. Planes, Heli's and quads. We even have a multiGP racing field.

So, stay in touch everyone and send me a PM if you want to check out the club field.

Yes as Flynn advised, our open field is no longer open and it indeed is a sad site to see. TriCounty RC is definitely a great club with great folks that love the RC hobby so it's definitely now our RC home away from home. If that's close to you and you're looking for a club, I would recommend it. You won't be disappointed with the field, members, activities and theme days, multiGP 250fpv race chapter, and other items i'm forgetting now. I do think they'll close registration soon since they had a big influx of new members so if you're looking for a club, sooner rather than later is better.

Keep in touch and always have fun flying!!!!

mactek

That stinks the Greenpond field is gone. I may consider joining the Tricounty RC club next year if my weekend work schedule changes. Looks like you guys found a great place to fly.

That stinks the Greenpond field is gone. I may consider joining the Tricounty RC club next year if my weekend work schedule changes. Looks like you guys found a great place to fly.

Cool sounds good. Hope everything's been good for you. We should all get together for a park fly one of these weekends before it gets too cold.

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
We no longer fly in North Jersey, but do make the trek down to North Brunswick once a week.

That's my club! I haven't been able to go for a few weeks, but I'll look for you at the field. My son and I both fly there - just look for a couple couple of very handsome and unusually tall flyers (usually down near the multirotor area).......
The club president (Mike) had mentioned how we added a ton of new members recently. I was wondering where they all came from.

Edit - What day do you usually come down?

Best regards,
PCH

Last edited:
That's my club! I haven't been able to go for a few weeks, but I'll look for you at the field. My son and I both fly there - just look for a couple couple of very handsome and unusually tall flyers (usually down near the multirotor area).......
The club president (Mike) had mentioned how we added a ton of new members recently. I was wondering where they all came from.

Edit - What day do you usually come down?

Best regards,
PCH

Both Flynn and I are usually Saturday flyers. Flynn and I with another friend Jeff joined up since we've lost our normal spot. I know we got a whole bunch of new multirotor folks from S3 club which is a bunch of 250 FPV race pilots. That and with Rich and Mike starting up the MultiGP chapter, clubs growing big quick. Don't think I'll be there this saturday, plan on hitting up a south jersey heli funfly, but I'll definitely be there next saturday.

My name is Steve and I usually fly helis, multirotor and planes.

Do you fly FT planes? if so, curious which ones you have?

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
Some FT famines
Flyer
Spitfire (wrecked)
Plans for a few more
Radian regular and UMX
Sport Cub (un-maidened)
Libelle DLG
Fortis Titan tricopter (current obsession)
Nano UMX Quad regular & FPV
Currently building a Blackout Hex

Best regards,
PCH

mactek

Cool sounds good. Hope everything's been good for you. We should all get together for a park fly one of these weekends before it gets too cold.

Yes i agree. I have been mainly flying at RFL in Boonton at like 7am on Saturday morning for 2-3 hours. With family and sports and work that seems to be the only time that works for me. I have worked almost every Sunday this summer it seems. We need to find a place we can fly indoors on Saturday mornings this winter.

Cluteeaye712

Fellow FPVrs in north Jersey??

Hey guys,

Looking for some folks to meet up with to fly with, mostly mini quad FPV'n. I do fly planes as well, but mostly want to have people around to fly quads with so I can use my goggles safely. It'd also be cool to talk shop with some local folks, help with builds, buy bulk props, stuff like that. I have an awesome area at one of many local parks near my home in Morris Plains, NJ, but am willing to travel a bit to fly in some fun remote locations around the area. Theres also easy train access to NYC from my house as well, if anyone wants to go fly in Brooklyn or around the Manhattan area, or get a little further away from the city.

Let me know, cheers!

Papillion

Hello, my name is Mike. I am brand new to the sport. I live in Rutherford, NJ. I have an Estes ProtoZ that I have been practicing on for the last month or so. I am looking to make the move to a 180 or 250 mini-quad in the near future. I would like to get together and meet up with some flite test members in my area. I am looking for guidance and moral support. Thanks!

mactek

I fly with a couple of guys at RFL in Boonton NJ. We usually get together early on Saturday morning and sometimes on Sundays. Two of us fly quads with fpv equipment on a regular basis and we also all have a nice collection of FliteTest Planes that we fly. Let me know if you are interested and i will let you know the next time we are going to be out. We are by no means pros at the quad stuff but we have a good time trying.

Cluteeaye712

mactek,

I'd love to meet up and fly with you guys some time. I always fly in Central Park or Jim Fear Park in Morris Plains near my house, but I'd love to get out and fly some new territory with some fellow pilots in the area! let me know... I just finished my Versacopter V2 build too, should be a blast for this flying season.

Cheers gents,
Steve

Calaski8123

Are you guys still flying together? I'm only flying 2 years now so I'd love to learn from more experienced pilots. I live in Bergen county and usually fly in Franklin Lakes.

Jim

Are you guys still flying together? I'm only flying 2 years now so I'd love to learn from more experienced pilots. I live in Bergen county and usually fly in Franklin Lakes.

Jim
Hey Jim,

Yeah we still fly together, Flynn and I mostly fly at our club field now in North Brunswick NJ. I personally fly mostly helis now, but Flynn flies both helis and planes. You're welcome to join us as we usually fly on Sundays. I'll be there this Sunday. The club is called Tri-County RC Club, our main field is Called Pulda, it's off Rt130, address to the entrance is 130 Old Georges Road North Brunswick NJ. Let me now if you want to meet up.

Calaski8123

Hey Jim,

Yeah we still fly together, Flynn and I mostly fly at our club field now in North Brunswick NJ. I personally fly mostly helis now, but Flynn flies both helis and planes. You're welcome to join us as we usually fly on Sundays. I'll be there this Sunday. The club is called Tri-County RC Club, our main field is Called Pulda, it's off Rt130, address to the entrance is 130 Old Georges Road North Brunswick NJ. Let me now if you want to meet up.

Nice, North Brunswick is a little far for me. I was hoping for Bergen or Passaic but I'll hit you up if I I'm up for a trip. Maybe in the spring.