Calling everyone in Wisconsin

ExperimentalRC

I need some help with my mini quad and need a someone who is experienced in general. Anyone near Elm Grove, Wisconsin would be nice. I'm also wondering if Hobbytown USA could be of any help. I doubt it but I'll give anything a chance.

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
What kind of control board do you have? I used the KK2 with some success but had better experience with the MultiWii.

ExperimentalRC

Joker 53150, I'm using the acro naze 32. I haven't found a micro USB chord yet, but I was just playing around to see if the motors were spinning the right way, and then I saw smoke. I'm assuming it's from the naze, but once I get a cable I'll se for sure.

ExperimentalRC

The light is blue as normal, but no power going to my receiver image.jpg I made sure no exposed electronics were touching the carbon fiber.

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
Releasing the magic smoke is not a good sign. You don't know if it was from the control board, an ESC, or .....?

frogman

Yes, that magic blue smoke is something that needs to be contained. You don't want to release it. Something is toasted in there.

There is an electric flyin on Saturday in Madison. There will be lots of flyers there but probably not many multirotor flyers. I have flown tricopters for a few years and done my own controller programming but not much lately. I was using MultiWii so that is what I really know the best (but I'm no expert). If you are in the area of the flyin maybe you can stop by with your stuff and see if someone may be available. Otherwise you could enjoy all the fun flying. I will be there with my arsenal of at least 3 FT designs.

ExperimentalRC

I know I wasn't an esc because I plugged them all straight into the reliever any the worked. (One motor has AWFUL bearings) so I'm guessing that it was the control board. Even thought the blue light on the board still works. I'll see when I get a micro USB cable