Camera / Mounts For Self Made Videos?

kacknor

Build another!
What video camera and or mount system is most popular or easy (read: Cheap) to capture Maidens and other flights?

I normally don't have anyone capable of molding a camera steady and flying with one hand is a skill I don't possess.

Last night I maidened my newest Mini Sportster.

http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?23712-Newest-Build-Mighty-Mini-Sportster

or

http://flitetest.com/articles/ft-design-build-modifications

and as the guy sitting next to me commented "That was an interesting take off". :eek: It survived, and I'm not sure how, but sure would have liked to have it on video.

So what do you use? I'm looking light, inexpensive, and acceptable video quality to post on YouTube to share and obviously, a camera that will attach to me or my radio to track the flight.

Thanks!

JD

Hope this is a good place to ask. If no, Mod please move it to appropriate forum...

RAM

Posted a thousand or more times
The vids I enjoy the most are from people who wear a mobius on their baseball cap. You naturally get a lot of the plane in your videos that way. Beyond that, you have to buy an antenna tracker and sit your camera on it or as someone else mentioned the "SOLOSHOT"

The other thing you might try is putting your camera on a tripod or other stand and flying towards it on takeoff and making slow passes (safer than flying at your head).

kacknor

Build another!
RAM, Soloshot looks very cool, but far to spendy for me. Not to mention more stuff to carry around! The Mobious is just the thing. Cheaper than a GoPro, smaller too, and seems to get decent reviews. Plus, I'll put it to use as a Dash Cam when not recording my flights. Thanks much!

JD

BobK

Banned
My temporary/permanent solution after I smashed my GoPro lol. Popped a hole in the bill and used a 14x20 bolt to mount..don't judge..it works! ;)

I have been looking into the Mobious, hoprfully Santa is good to me this year.

-Bob

IMGP0074.JPG

kacknor

Build another!
My temporary/permanent solution after I smashed my GoPro lol. Popped a hole in the bill and used a 14x20 bolt to mount..don't judge..it works! ;)

-Bob

LOL No judging. If it's working it's better than what I have at the moment. Think about it, I'll be doing exactly the same thing using the magnetic hat clip from Moebius. Thanks to a client paying on time I ordered it today!

JD

RAM

Posted a thousand or more times

-Bob

View attachment 59895

I have a sony nex5n I might just try that but I need a hat that stays on no matter what.
I should look less threatening wearing this while flying my "drone".
elmer-fudd-hunting-hat-down.jpg

kacknor

Build another!
I have a sony nex5n I might just try that but I need a hat that stays on no matter what.
I should look less threatening wearing this while flying my "drone".

Oh Yeah, the ladies auxiliary picnic will be very reassured...

hat.jpg