Camera pan and tilt

Chad T

I am building a camera housing which i need a GoPro to be able to pan left and right. But….I need to be able to control how far it turns. I do not have the luxury of using a large remote, i.e. need to use something very small like a dial that i can mount to another camera system. I watched the DIY Camera Pan and Tilt episode, and thats how i am building the housing, I just have no idea on the remote. Please help….anything would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Chad

Chad T

I am building a camera housing which i need a GoPro to be able to pan left and right. But….I need to be able to control how far it turns. I do not have the luxury of using a large remote, i.e. need to use something very small like a dial that i can mount to another camera system. I watched the DIY Camera Pan and Tilt episode, and thats how i am building the housing, I just have no idea on the remote. Please help….anything would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Chad

Im needing to build a single channel remote with either a dial or a lever to control swing, and I'm not an electrician and don't have much experience with RC. Thanks guys

joshuabardwell

Mentor
Im needing to build a single channel remote with either a dial or a lever to control swing, and I'm not an electrician and don't have much experience with RC. Thanks guys

Don't build a remote. Buy a cheap transmitter and use one of the sticks (or pots, if the transmitter has pots) to control the servo. If you want the servo to hold position, use the throttle, since it doesn't return to center.

A good choice would be the Turnigy 9x. It has two pots that you can use and costs about $65. Then get a servo. Probably a full size servo, since weight is not a concern and a GoPro is a little heavy. You can use a 4.5 volt NiMh battery to power the receiver and the servo directly.

Last edited: