Camera recommendation

Can anyone suggest a good stand-alone (non-FPV) HD camera small enough to go in the nose of a FT Cruiser or FT Explorer?

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
My runcam 2 is great and a good form factor for airplanes. The quality is pretty good as well and its only $70-75 on amazon.

jack10525

Just thought I would add my 2 cents. I bought 2 runcam2's from amazon. Both were defective. Over heating and would not connect to wifi. Buttons were iffy. Sometimes they worked most times not. Sent both back. Quality control seems to be pretty bad.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Just thought I would add my 2 cents. I bought 2 runcam2's from amazon. Both were defective. Over heating and would not connect to wifi. Buttons were iffy. Sometimes they worked most times not. Sent both back. Quality control seems to be pretty bad.

Odd...Never had problems with Runcam products before...However, they HAVE had issues with counterfeits on Banggood and AliExpress; I wonder if you got a couple of counterfeits through Amazon? (wouldn't surprise me in the least; I got counterfeit Panasonic batteries from Amazon that claimed they weren't)

DMC RC

DMC RC
For my planes I use the Hawkeye Firefly Q6 as well. It's a great camera for the price and works great for planes or flying wings. I have yet to use it on a quad. Here are some freeze frames from using it on some planes. Keep in mind that these are screenshots from a video. It does pictures but not remotely.
Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 9.44.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 9.44.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 9.45.07 AM.png

kilroy07

Legendary member
I have a couple Quelima SQ12 (around $20) and they seem to work OKAY**. I have some video, just haven't uploaded them to YouTube yet.
They can be a tab awkward to mount though.

** In some videos I have noticed sound is off a tab from the video, but I usually mute the prop noise anyway.