Camping spot question

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Not unless you plan on flying. If you plan on flying then yes you do and you need to be registered with the AMA as well.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Last year, Ground fires were a no. Raised fire pits and camp stoves off the ground were OK.

There is a big firepit near the center of the property that maybe we'll have group bonfire or similar, but otherwise gotta do what we can to be kind to the lawn.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
There is a big firepit near the center of the property that maybe we'll have group bonfire or similar, but otherwise gotta do what we can to be kind to the lawn.

So everyone walking barefoot will get bonus points?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Depends.

If there are any wire clippings or dropped screws in the build tent, they just might.

On a side note, I hope people can clean up after themselves ;)

wilmracer

I build things that fly (sometimes)
Mentor
On a side note, I hope people can clean up after themselves ;)

If I remember correctly people did a really good job with this last year. I sure hope it is the same this year. They are incredibly generous to let us use their beautiful property for this event. Everyone should leave it as clean (or cleaner) than they found it.

mrwzrd59

Old Guy Geek
Does one have to have a camping pass to have room for their vehicle with a canopy set-up behind it? Maybe I should give up my camping pass! I'm staying in a hotel anyway.

Montiey

Master Tinkerer
As I remember last year, the camping spots were sections along the field with enough space for a mediocre tent, but you had the whole section all the way back to the "road" (plenty of room) to yourself.

:)