Can a Simple Cub water skim? I find out...

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
The Draco is dead! Mike Patey crashed it in takeoff in September. No one injured thankfully but the Wilga is totaled. Heartbreaking!

he is going to rebuild it, how couldn't he? once he is done building his new Cub Scrappy i'm sure it will be next on the list of stuff to do.

laters,

me :cool:

CheckMySix

he is going to rebuild it, how couldn't he? once he is done building his new Cub Scrappy i'm sure it will be next on the list of stuff to do.

laters,

me :cool:
Yea, I was watching some of his build videos last night. Hell of a guy. He's got some serious skills. Now we just need someone like horizon hobby and all their subsidiaries to make a Draco RC! Market it as a monster truck with wings lol!

flyboy330

I missed this thread when it was new. You don't need water to practice water-skiing a plane. Water is nice because it's perfectly flat, perfectly smooth, and looks neat, but you can practice with a smooth-ish runway. Fly down until the wheels just kiss the ground and keep it flying with the wheels just kissing the ground. It's also good practice for improving your wheel landings and touch-and-goes.
That’s a great idea!