Can anyone help me please?

Gingernath123

Hello all I was wondering if anyone can help me I have the hglrc f4 fc an I am struggling with connecting the fc to my controller reciver. They both support ppm so I fort it would be abit easier however I don't know witch channel on the reciver it is for me to plug the fc in as it hasn't got any markings to show witch is ppm channels just 1-9. Many thanks in advance if anyone could help me

Attachments

• 16341534797973464778830277970080.jpg
    16341534797973464778830277970080.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Hello all I was wondering if anyone can help me I have the hglrc f4 fc an I am struggling with connecting the fc to my controller reciver. They both support ppm so I fort it would be abit easier however I don't know witch channel on the reciver it is for me to plug the fc in as it hasn't got any markings to show witch is ppm channels just 1-9. Many thanks in advance if anyone could help me
the one marked red is probably ppm, even thiugh I dont use frsky

Gingernath123

the one marked red is probably ppm, even thiugh I dont use frsky
Nothing has change still not getting it to connect to fc the recever is binded to my controller an they r connect as I get a signal bar an the voltage of the battery so they 100% binded to one another. By any chance do I need to change anything in the port tab?

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Nothing has change still not getting it to connect to fc the recever is binded to my controller an they r connect as I get a signal bar an the voltage of the battery so they 100% binded to one another. By any chance do I need to change anything in the port tab?
I am sorry but I cannot answer the question. I am not a fc expert, neither do I use ppm or frsky. I just thought to point out that red mark. sorry.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I'm going to assume that Channel 9 is the PPM only channel as it has the orange ring around its layout marking. I think channel 8 is red as that is probably where a bind plug goes. I spent about 30 minutes trying to find documentation or even a you tube review and it is very poorly documented so far.

Make sure you assign what port you want to use in betaflight first and save the page before connecting and be sure the connection port matches where you do the physical connection.

Gingernath123

I'm going to assume that Channel 9 is the PPM only channel as it has the orange ring around its layout marking. I think channel 8 is red as that is probably where a bind plug goes. I spent about 30 minutes trying to find documentation or even a you tube review and it is very poorly documented so far.

Make sure you assign what port you want to use in betaflight first and save the page before connecting and be sure the connection port matches where you do the physical connection.
Okay thank you I'll take another go at it later or tomorrow now as it's late but thank you for the information an hopefully I can get flying again soon

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
What uart is it for ppm sorry for all the questions an thank you for helping me

You can use any port marked on the Flight controller that is in the list of ports in betaflight ports tab. Just assign the port in the ports tab and make sure you save. THEN hard wire the receivers output to what port you assigned in betaflight. After that just select and save ppm in the receiver tab and you should be good.

Most ports on flight controllers are marked. If not there are many pictures on the web that show pin outs of where things are. The only time you have to worry about specific choices is if using spectrum dsmx or sbus as they have dedicated ports and low voltage power.

Gingernath123

You can use any port marked on the Flight controller that is in the list of ports in betaflight ports tab. Just assign the port in the ports tab and make sure you save. THEN hard wire the receivers output to what port you assigned in betaflight. After that just select and save ppm in the receiver tab and you should be good.

Most ports on flight controllers are marked. If not there are many pictures on the web that show pin outs of where things are. The only time you have to worry about specific choices is if using spectrum dsmx or sbus as they have dedicated ports and low voltage power.
Right okay thank you for explaining it really helps and on the pic have I wired everything correctly an what port it is for ppm as I've tried uart3 an it doesn't work

Attachments

• 16342340873921147057597685674805.jpg
    16342340873921147057597685674805.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Right okay thank you for explaining it really helps and on the pic have I wired everything correctly an what port it is for ppm as I've tried uart3 an it doesn't work

Ok.. Just connected one of my quads using an hglrc stack. Brain fart. Been too long since I messed with ppm. My bad I told you to select a port in ports tab. You should be able to go to config tab scroll down to the receiver section click receiver mode drop down menu and select ppm. save the page and it should start working.

Gingernath123

Ok.. Just connected one of my quads using an hglrc stack. Brain fart. Been too long since I messed with ppm. My bad I told you to select a port in ports tab. You should be able to go to config tab scroll down to the receiver section click receiver mode drop down menu and select ppm. save the page and it should start working.
Thank you for helping but I didn't work I think I just need to buy a knew receiver an hope that it was just a bad receiver

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Thank you for helping but I didn't work I think I just need to buy a knew receiver an hope that it was just a bad receiver

What radio do you use? Usually multirotors use SBUS receivers. Maybe we can dig one up that works with your gear.

Maybe in the mean time take a look at this. It is also possible you cooked that board or knocked something loose as it looks like it was super hot is several places and now it may not be working properly.

Gingernath123

What radio do you use? Usually multirotors use SBUS receivers. Maybe we can dig one up that works with your gear.

Maybe in the mean time take a look at this. It is also possible you cooked that board or knocked something loose as it looks like it was super hot is several places and now it may not be working properly.

I think I've figured it out as I plug my reciver in to my other flight controller what I was using before the knew set it up an tried it an it not working on that do I check the antennas on my reciver an there was a small brake close to case so I'll need a knew antennas or reciver and the raido I'm using is a ttsrc x9

Attachments

• 20210814_200359.jpg
    20210814_200359.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I think I've figured it out as I plug my reciver in to my other flight controller what I was using before the knew set it up an tried it an it not working on that do I check the antennas on my reciver an there was a small brake close to case so I'll need a knew antennas or reciver and the raido I'm using is a ttsrc x9

Ahh yes no antenna does present a problem trying to do its job. Sometimes things like that are hard to catch. be glad it was on the receiving side as a busted tx antenna more then likely will take out the power amp portion of a system.

Interesting looking radio. Never heard of nor saw one before. Is Sunpadow the manufacturer or just something you put on the radio?