Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Ok to be honest I was going to say some things on here to maybe take a bit of pressure away from Matthew, but I just saw that website. Dude wtf.
In my head I equated this to the forums rejecting Planesandthings (anybody noticed he hasn’t been on in a while?) He did some annoying stuff but I don’t think that going so hard on a young and new pilot for making some mistakes is the right move at all.
Now though, I see this isn’t at all the same.
I feel like Mr. Hawk from Beverly Hills won’t be around here much more.

SSgt Duramax

You know what. I'll be the nice guy. Let's break this down.

Hi! I'm Mike. There is a huge STEM deficit in Africa, we here in the states are trying to help get African children interested in aviation and modeling to help them with lucrative careers in the future. They can't do it by themselves and they need our help! Each dollar you donate will help African children realize dreams of flight and jobs in the science field!

Is there a STEM deficit in Africa? I don't know, quite possibly.

Will it help children with lucrative careers in the future? I would say it potentially could.

Can they do it by themselves? Obviously not as evidenced by this go fund me and this thread.

He is an African child. For all we know, he may have not even made this.

Let's invite Mr. Dupreezey back and extend an olive branch to him. I don't want him to leave. Allow him to learn from his mistakes and get a thicker skin while he is at it with an open (hopefully) mind.

At the end of the day, if you want the gofundme taken down, all you have to do is tell them it is going to Canadian truckers.

@Matthewdupreez you probably shouldn't have a picture on a solid green background like that. It is asking for a good photoshopping.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Where the hell is this? I did not post this! And who ever has posted it is a scammer and a criminal. Please send me the link
The link was posted above, but it looks like the fundraiser has been removed.
As for my last post, I was incorrect for assuming that it was you who was posing as "Mike Hawk". I had my doubts that it was you, but posted anyways before gaining more information.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
As for my last post, I was incorrect for assuming that it was you who was posing as "Mike Hawk". I had my doubts that it was you, but posted anyways before gaining more information.
Yeah, I've read through this thread.. and ya know what. I worded the original post nicely, and politely, I didn't ask for people to be stupid about it. Quite clearly I'm now considered a joke on the forum. And for that reason I am leaving. This is the third time people have been ridiculous.. the main culprits in this are @Monte.C and @Ratcheeroo . So yea quite simply this forum has changed since I joined 2 years ago. And it is no longer something I'm willing to be part of.
Also before you guys go on and beat someone up, it would be best if you understand where they're coming from and what their circumstances are so yeah..

Btw @Ketchup I'm not directing this at you.. but rather at the rest of the people that well to put it plainly.. acted like jerks.

Cya on discord, on the friendly ft groups

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Yeah, I've read through this thread.. and ya know what. I worded the original post nicely, and politely, I didn't ask for people to be stupid about it. Quite clearly I'm now considered a joke on the forum. And for that reason I am leaving. This is the third time people have been ridiculous.. the main culprits in this are @Monte.C and @Ratcheeroo . So yea quite simply this forum has changed since I joined 2 years ago. And it is no longer something I'm willing to be part of.
Also before you guys go on and beat someone up, it would be best if you understand where they're coming from and what their circumstances are so yeah..

Btw @Ketchup I'm not directing this at you.. but rather at the rest of the people that well to put it plainly.. acted like jerks.

Exactly how I thought you would address this. Bye Bye

Personally I don't think you'll leave for good. For as long as you're here there's still a chance - a slim chance - that you'll snare a fresh newbie who might worship you for the genius superstar that you really are. They might even let you call yourself a mentor someday. If you leave there's no chance at all. So, welcome back.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Personally I don't think you'll leave for good. For as long as you're here there's still a chance - a slim chance - that you'll snare a fresh newbie who might worship you for the genius superstar that you really are. They might even let you call yourself a mentor someday. If you leave there's no chance at all. So, welcome back.
He called us "Culprits", thats what you get for trying to help someone out

Nature is the greatest teacher.jpg

This is what happens when the nasty little yappy dog gets killed and eaten by the pack. You created your own destiny.

This phrase represents an incredibly low-resolution view of this life experience, and is spoken and believed by individuals with a very low level of consciousness. It represents a worldview of "If you don't bite first, you'll be the one who gets bitten." No true and lasting success ever came of such a philosophy of life. Good luck my friend; There's still a chance one can grow from the place you're in.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
@Matthewdupreez be careful to not let youreself wear the badge of victimhood too often. Its an easy idea to aquire and a difficult one to shake. It robs ones soul of personal agency, empowerment, and growth.

You will encounter people from time to time who will not be as kind to you as you wish they would be. Being from South Africa I imagine you are aware of how unkind people can truly be. This forum has got decent folks on it, especially compared to most of the forums I've been on over the years. I think this is because people here are pretty real, they show each other true parts of their life and as such might be a bit less receptive to somone they feel isn't doing the same.

For the vast majority of us it has taken countless ours of our lives to earn what we have. These hours we will never get back. Each dollar represents a piece of our finite lives. You have to understand this to understand why people might not like being asked to give money especially if they think the person asking has the perception that, just because they have more that they should share.

Be real, be honest, conduct yourself with courage, dignity, and honor and you will find the respect you are looking for.

SSgt Duramax

I feel like an unstoppable force hit an immovable object. No wrong was done by anyone. Move along. Nothing to see. Truth is, we don't know who made his go fund me or whatever it was.

Could folks have been more gentile? Sure. Matthew appears to have learned nothing however, so apparently the tough love approach doesnt work. He is a little touchy.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Good afternoon guys.

Remember the whole "stay in your lane" exemption I promised?

Yeah, this entire thread has gone well beyond "Flite Test Friendly."

Unfortunately I caught the report on this while on my lunch break.

Please be aware that when I get home this evening, a few people participating in this group likely will not be members when I'm done reading through it.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Well, that was some very disheartening reading.

Most people participating in this thread have received some form of temporary ban.

Guys, this is the one and only warning you will get. I don't like to do much of the whole moderation thing, but this entire thread was so far out of line that I am amazed that anyone who would like the friendly and wholesome content that Flite Test produces, would be able to treat someone else the way they have been treated here.

Most if not all of the people who were commenting here are adults. The forum member you were attacking is a child. This is so far from what Flite Test is about that anyone who joined in on this thread should really question if they should be a part of his forum.

If there's something you don't approve of another forum member doing, you can politely address them in public. Politely address them in a message. Report the post and move on. Or just ignore the person.

I've closed this thread, but I will not be deleting at this time. I'm leaving this collection of petty and abusive posts as a lesson on how not to treat other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.