4.1 4.1 propellor
2200mah battery

1488583905361.jpg

Made from cardboard boxes in which drinks come in
I have yet to test it, can it fly?

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
If you get that flying, it could be a whole other series of builds to follow. Oh the possibilities! I remeber as a kid wanting the toy in the cereal box. I never had thought the box itself would provide the fun.

Mongol

First test flight was a mild succes. It just seemed to want to pitch up and loose speed and crash, busted 1 prop. Im thinking a bigger prop and tail plane

Mongol

1488674050730.jpg here is the modified thing , as you can see tail plane is alot bigger. Also modified the skis, hopefully they now stop prop from busting. Also made the front a bit tapered so that prop wont just blow onto a wall.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Cool experiment! From what you mention of the flight behavior, it's probably tail heavy - maybe lightning the back end a bit or lengthening the nose to put that motor a little further out front can help the next flight go longer.

Looking forward to the next flight report :)

Mongol

SECOND FLIGHT:
much better than first, whereas it flew maby 20 meters the first time now it flew 100 meters. Came crashing down again, broke a few barbeque sticks but their sacrifice saved the prop. 1488714423820.jpg 1488714507918.jpg

Mongol

Third and final flight:
Crashed into a snowman, busted the prop and obliterated landing gear. It flew better with the aerofoil things, but it is simply too heavy. I will now make an entirely new plane 1488725336051.jpg

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
If you get that flying, it could be a whole other series of builds to follow. Oh the possibilities! I remeber as a kid wanting the toy in the cereal box. I never had thought the box itself would provide the fun.

I am guessing you did not grow up and have Christmas in the 70's like I did. We used to take all the boxes and build forts to play with the new toys in. The boxes were always a huge part of Christmas when I grew up.

Experimenting with aircraft using boxes is a neat way to recycle things for a time. Keep at it you will get one to fly with enough attempts. Then the trick will be to keep modding to make it more effective and live longer to do more with it.