Can I put a mighty mini speedster wing into a mighty mini scout?

Jimbo7636

Ive built both and I understand the higher the wing the more stable. Just looking for something that flies slow. the photo shows the mighty mini scout, speedster, and sportster. Im not confident with the 4 channel sportster yet.

Attachments

• 139932802_5266615926682709_3433815740186614939_o.jpg
    139932802_5266615926682709_3433815740186614939_o.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 0

Flyingshark

Master member
I guess you could, but I don't really see why you'd want to. Mounting a Speedster wing in the Scout doesn't really make the wing higher, because that's measured at the wing root, so dihedral/polyhedral don't come into play.

Swapping the wings only means you have a Scout with a polyhedral wing, probably not any extra stability.

DinosEatPeople1

Elite member
Yeah plus the scout wing is already slow all you need is good throttle management. Also it would be impractical to put a mini speedster wing into a mini scout. The polyhedral may get in the way. Tl;DR just go with a mini scout. It is a pretty plane and a good plane as well. I would try to fly the mini scout but then bring down the throttle gradually to a point you like. Make a mental note of that point.

Jimbo7636

Thanks for the input. I was just thinking the polyhedral wing would be more stable than the dihedral wing. Also the wing root on the scout is higher than on the speedster I believe. I definitely want to keep throttle to a minimum

Paracodespoder

Elite member
I did just a few weeks ago and I don’t know why but it did seem slower. Not sure if the speedster wing has a little more area maybe? However, I hadn’t flown the scout in a long time, so it may have just been me.
It does work, so to answer your question, yes!

Peeg

You could add another wing and make it a biplane. That would increase lift and decrease speed.