Can I sell planes built from the free plans?

Fidelite

Dear Flitetest,
Greetings from Mangalore, India
I have learnt everything about RC from your videos and along with 2 other friends of mine who share the same passion for flight , we built the Tiny trainer and taught ourselves how to fly. We also built the Scout and Baron but unfortunately they crashed.
Mangalore is a small coastal city and in this city there is a smaller group of people who are interested in RC. But anything RC over here is very expensive. When we flew our plane in the public ground many children and curious adults too asked if there was a way to get into the hobby affordably.
So we have decided to build and sell planes a lot cheaper. But we do not have the necessary tech and skill to design our own planes so far.
So can we use your free plans till we grow enough.
I know it is an absurd request and it is for the love of the hobby.
And we will get you viewers.
This is just an idea. But I am curious to know what you have to say.

Regards,
Prasad

PS: I originally mailed this to Flitetest but having got no reply since a week i decided to post it in the forum.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Dear Flitetest,
Greetings from Mangalore, India
I have learnt everything about RC from your videos and along with 2 other friends of mine who share the same passion for flight , we built the Tiny trainer and taught ourselves how to fly. We also built the Scout and Baron but unfortunately they crashed.
Mangalore is a small coastal city and in this city there is a smaller group of people who are interested in RC. But anything RC over here is very expensive. When we flew our plane in the public ground many children and curious adults too asked if there was a way to get into the hobby affordably.
So we have decided to build and sell planes a lot cheaper. But we do not have the necessary tech and skill to design our own planes so far.
So can we use your free plans till we grow enough.
I know it is an absurd request and it is for the love of the hobby.
And we will get you viewers.
This is just an idea. But I am curious to know what you have to say.

Regards,
Prasad

PS: I originally mailed this to Flitetest but having got no reply since a week i decided to post it in the forum.
It is a matter of what you are selling!
If you are selling the design you should not really because the design is actually Intellectual property.
If you are selling the materials to build along with your labour only then it is OK!

Simply Just sell what you do and what you supply! The design remains free!

I know it is still the same but just acknowledging that the plane is a free FT design and you charge for the build is a safer business model!

Have fun!