Help! Can I use jumper wires instead of barrel connectors?

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
I soldered the ESC wires to the motor with those cheapie power kits...for electronic connections its best case scenario
and.....be careful......I wouldnt play with diff size props with those ESC's they blow easy...they dont come with ESC setup instructions....use this or skywalker 40a esc setup procedure on these

the motors can handel more prop if you upgrade the ESC

Attachments

• esc.jpg
    esc.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

CustomRCMods

Elite member
Definitely direct solder your wires, especially when you don't have bullets. I usually direct solder anyway so I can count on never having issues with connectors coming unplugged down the road. Just my 2 cents....

Ive also had quite a few of these systems, with good luck. I'd say they are best matched with an 8 or 9 inch slow fly props on 3s, I wouldn't try to get into 4s, but I have had some success running a cut down 9x6 with this setup on my FT arrow. Still way underpowered compared to a normal Power Pack A or F.

Here's A Review I did:

quorneng

Master member
If you permanently 'build in' as much as I do there is no reason to use connectors as you can't get at them.
Battery connector of course and plugs to the rx but everything else is soldered.

CustomRCMods

Elite member
If you permanently 'build in' as much as I do there is no reason to use connectors as you can't get at them.
Battery connector of course and plugs to the rx but everything else is soldered.
100 percent agreed, bullets are in a way simply a liability bc they can come unplugged easy, and when they are built in they are impossible to get to.