Can i use the ORX T6 to fly the mobius 7

sumone

I Own an ORX T6i that has multirotor setting as model type and have no problem using it to fly the
Mobula 7 but when i tried to setup an old ORX T6 (The older model TX) .
and tried switching between AETR1234 and the other one but sticks are not moving very much on the screen and not all controls seem to be registering .
anyone else manage to get this TX to work in beta flight.

Last edited:

FDS

Elite member
If you have a BNF version of the mobius make sure it’s DSMX not FRsky, the two are not compatible. If the TX you have is this one then it only does DSM2 which may not be compatible with the DSMX receiver on the Mobulus board. Your problem will be one is looking for an 11ms latency and the TX is doing 22ms.

sumone

If you have a BNF version of the mobius make sure it’s DSMX not FRsky, the two are not compatible. If the TX you have is this one then it only does DSM2 which may not be compatible with the DSMX receiver on the Mobulus board. Your problem will be one is looking for an 11ms latency and the TX is doing 22ms.
Capture.PNG

FDS

Elite member
I would say your practical testing proved otherwise. I don’t have the old Orange TX to look at, only the new one.
Why not just bind it to the one that works?

sumone

I would say your practical testing proved otherwise. I don’t have the old Orange TX to look at, only the new one.
Why not just bind it to the one that works?

I Have it bound to the ORX t6i and it works great my son has put about 48 batteries through it in the last 2 days and loves it .
The thing is i have 2 of these mini quads and he wants to fly with me so i was hoping to use my old TX as well.

FDS

Elite member
No easy answer for that, I think you are not going to get it to bind unless the TX can do DSMX. DSM2 is backwards compatible with DSMX but not the other way around, I think. You could probably hack the old TX to do DSMX.