Can you build my laser co2 cutter drone quadricopter?

elicottero78

Good day, here you can download the dxf files of my project.....laser co2 cutter drone quadricopter....naza lite or kk v2
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2180170
Hope you can try it,
I want your opinion, thank you
358410d1491934606-laser-co2-60w-ebay-700x500-cinese-naza-lite-laser-co2.jpg

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Welcome to Flit Test!

That laser cutter / build video was awesome!! :applause: I am more of a race / freestyle pilot so a wooden copter would not work for me but there are MANY people here who are learning or fly AP ships that love to build things so I am sure several people will check this out. Nice work on this project mate. :applause:

Its great to see people from all over the world coming here more and more now. Could you tell us something about yourself like your interests in the hobby and maybe your experiences? Maybe a little history of your involvement as you have obviously been doing it a while. I would love to hear what the hobby is like in other countries.

elicottero78

thank you,excuse my English.
I'm a turner,I am passionate about electronics, airplanes and CNC,I love flying down a hillside,But at this time I'm pausing because I have two small children,I decided to build the drone to fly out of my house.I started fifteen years ago to do airplane modeling, I used cnc cutter and cnc polystyrene cutter printer 3d, but now I've sold everything to buy a 60w chinese laser co2 700x500mm .... great for modeling.
Here in Italy we have excellent model designers, many of us copy their designs, but many of us love to experience new things.

Here are some new and old videos

s[/video]

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I don't have a cutter, but am tempted to try converting the files from .dxf to .stl and 3D printing them....

Cheers!
LitterBug

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Man that is some amazing stuff them CnC machines can do.. cutting printing.. Cool videos mate Its neat to see how things develope and the cnc does its thing.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Yes, you can do it.The plywood thickness is 4 millimeters (mm).
You can do 3.9 mm
elicottero78,
Do you have a way to create .stl files? I've been having no luck trying to import them and extrude them with the tools I have tried.

Cheers!
LitterBug

EDIT: Just started playing with Fusion 360 and was able to import it there. Should be able to create an extrusion from it and create .stl files now. :)

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I've been slowly and quietly working on this over the last week. Have some adjustment to do on my printer and print settings to get it just right, but here's a quick sample of my progress:
ModularFrame.jpg

Cheers!
LitterBug