Can you connect two transmitters to one receiver?

jielon

HI,
I was just wondering if it would be possible to have two transmitters linked on one receiver or to even hard wire two transmitters together for one transmitter to be
applinked the main one?

Last edited:

quorneng

Master member
You can link many transmitters together in a 'buddy' configuration either with a cable or more recently by blue tooth. One transmitter is considered the 'master' and over rides the other on a switch. It is used in pilot tuition where the instructor uses the master transmitter.

Piotrsko

Master member
Well at least one transmitter has to get the RF section turned off otherwise it is considered bad JUJU.

Battery800

Elite member
You can link many transmitters together in a 'buddy' configuration either with a cable or more recently by blue tooth. One transmitter is considered the 'master' and over rides the other on a switch. It is used in pilot tuition where the instructor uses the master transmitter.
can I do this with a radiomaster tx16s and a spektrum dxs?

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
can I do this with a radiomaster tx16s and a spektrum dxs?
I don't see a trainer port on the dxs. the tx16s can't do wireless as a master unless you have a second module (the multi-protocal-module can act as a receiver to act as a wireless master, but can't also act as the TX at the same time).

looks like the dxs does not have the ability to be a wireless master without adding a part. So the given setup doesn't appear to have a way to do that.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I'm pretty sure I saw a video where Bardwell was just talking about being able to "clone" two radios meaning the encryption is the same. Which would mean two radios would be bound to the same receiver.

I'm searching through my YouTube history trying to find it.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
The OG Devo7s allowed you to assign the bind code and could easily let multiple TX control a single receiver. The problem with that is which radio has priority. I would take a guess that proximity to the receiver would take control.

So if you are wondering what I think you are about maybe a long range experiment where you send the air craft off in a direction out of its range and have the next radio in the chain take over control I think it can be done with the Devo 7's. I have not seen in OTX anything that allows the user to create or assign a specific code like on the Devo 7.

Bricks

Master member
The OG Devo7s allowed you to assign the bind code and could easily let multiple TX control a single receiver. The problem with that is which radio has priority. I would take a guess that proximity to the receiver would take control.

So if you are wondering what I think you are about maybe a long range experiment where you send the air craft off in a direction out of its range and have the next radio in the chain take over control I think it can be done with the Devo 7's. I have not seen in OTX anything that allows the user to create or assign a specific code like on the Devo 7.

If I am not mistaken with OTX if you assign the same receiver number to each of the transmitters it can work once one is bound and using same protocol. I know I read that somewhere on RC Groups but god only knows where.