Can you guess what I'm building or Glad to see people jumping on the balsa bandwagon!

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
My first full balsa kit. Well, it's just the wing and tail anyway. Laser cut but that's OK. It's not complete but I recommend people build at least one balsa kit if they fly balsa ARFs. This way if you have an accident you'll not be intimidated by whats under the covering!

Being laser cut, literally the only tools I've used so far are:

• Exacto Knife
  • Exacto hand saw?
  • Thin CA
  • Medium CA
  • Metal straight edge
  • Wax Paper
  • Sand Paper

PUnmO.jpg

BpJUb.jpg

MuREa.jpg

earthsciteach

Dang. This is a tough one. I'll lay money on it being a WWI fighter. My knowledge of WWI fighters is not that great. Could be a Nieuport 12 based on the wingtip shape. But, I need to see more.

glydr

How many letters do we ge
I was going to say a Mountain Models Lucky Ace but the tips are different. It looks a lot like the 'Puts-E' design in QEFI from a few years ago.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
I'm thinking that it looks a bit like a Slo Stick wing.
We have a winner!

Slow Stick X from MILLENNIUM R/C

I thought this would be the easiest way to get into kit building since there's no fuse to deal with. It's been fun but I've only been able to work on it a little every other night or so. Like I said earlier, building a kit is a great way to know how to perform a repair on a balsa ARF, it's good knowledge to have if you're in the hobby.