Can you put covering film on an EPP wing?

Carbon

Elemental Madness
I wanted to add some strength to my new EPP flying wing, but it is white and I wanted some color. If I buy covering film is it the same as laminate film but colored? As in you iron it on?

earthsciteach

Dude, I already told you about this. Poster laminate, not the credit card thick stuff. YES, you can iron covering on your EPP wing. I've done it twice on mine. You can even paint on the laminate. It looks much better than the amateur graffiti look of spraying the foam.

Carbon

Elemental Madness
I know, I used laminate film, is there a difference compared to colored covering film?

Carbon

Elemental Madness
Well I'll give it a shot I guess. It's cheap enough that it would be worth trying out.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
You can use iron on film on foam planes.
The surface is not the best on foam but there are several ways to "prime".
"Paint" the surface with water-thinned white glue (aliphatic) is one way. Spray adhesive is another.
Remember to "overlap" the film as the foam surface is not the best even after priming.
Light covering film and low temperature is the best way to protect the foam from getting heat damages.

MrClean

shoot, slopers use lightweight spackle, 3m77 strapping tape and then SolarTex. I was hoping for another source.

Oh, they also paint with a mixture of Goop and thinner.,

3DMad5

I Like SBach 342's
You can cover foam? I tried recently for a wing I was building with a friend, made from Home Depot pink insulation foam. It wouldn't stick, so I ended up using tape to attach it. On second thought that could be because I didn't take off the plastic covering first...

TazRC

Obsession, not hobby
I wanted to add some strength to my new EPP flying wing, but it is white and I wanted some color. If I buy covering film is it the same as laminate film but colored? As in you iron it on?

EPP is one of the toughest materials for flying wings! Just paint it if you want some color. ;)