FT Simple Cub....already building my 2nd ;)

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
oooopppppssss ....did you find it again ???
good first flight...shame it went down so far away...
I walked and walked round the area it went down, no luck. I have a friend who lives in this area so have asked him to both keep a look out for it and also an ear out for any gossip on it :)

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
not a good out come for your maiden ...bummmer ! fingers crossed you get some news on it soon !
Already bought more foamboard, wheels, piano wire and y-cable for Simple Cub V2.
That the beauty of foamboard...£5 for two sheets and a bit of spare time = another cub gets born :)

Gazoo

Dang it! It was a real beauty too. My nephew had a flyaway once. He was telling the story to someone at the local flying club. Apparently, it had made a perfect landing in someones garden and they contacted the flying club to see if someone had lost a plane. He was able to patch the two together and my nephew got his plane back.

I hope your cub returns home with a good adventure story.

Forster

Slow, low and dirty.
That's a good reminder for me to set up my receiver for lost signal protocols. Haven't done that yet.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
And so another simple cub is being created...

IMG_20180519_091216543.jpg

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
sorry again for the loss. not so much for the "plane" but for the electronics. that's where the money is. hopefully it will show up again.

flew my new cubby 2x today. still need some programing work on the flapperons, but it's not like they are needed. had multiple comments on the plane today on how nice it looked and how well it was flying. very cool, simple plane.

laters,

me :cool:

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
....as a side note. all my kids have put QRcodes on their planes. anyone with a scanner (which is most people now w/ smart phone) can scan and see their name, phone number, ama number, and anything else they want to add. plus it looks kinda cool. yes, you can write your name, but this is just diff.

you can google "qr code generator" and there are multiple free ones. some will even create and image for you.

sorry but, you should always have your name and number on your plane in some form. if your putting it in the air, you need to take responsibility for it.

my $.02,

me :cool:

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Taking shape....
IMG-20180520-WA0000.jpeg
Well I have joined the BMFA to ensure I had 3rd party insurance cover and yes, I forgot to put my phone number on etc. I was too excited to maiden it.... lesson learned big time.
C x