Help! Can you use a 4 in 1 esc on a rc plane ?if you can , how do you?

JetCrafts

s
A 4-1 has a wire set that has signal and power wires that go to a flight controller. Each motor‘s ESC on the 4-1 has a separate signal wire, then there will also be a hot wire and ground wire. There may also be a BEC hot wire. Unless you can read a schematic and test voltages you probably should not attempt this or you risk burning up your ESC or your receiver.
so I can connect it without a flight controller to my receiver . right?

CappyAmeric

Elite member
s

so I can connect it without a flight controller to my receiver . right?
Perhaps. It depends upon whether there is a BEC on the 4-1. What battery will you be using? Most likely it will be more than 5v, so you will need voltage regulation before it plugs into the receiver. Also, you will need to figure out the signal wires. Without understanding what you are doing, you will very likely burn up your receiver, or short out your ESC.

Last edited:

JetCrafts

Perhaps. It depends upon whether there is a BEC on the 4-1. What battery will you be using? Most likely it will be more than 5v, so you will need voltage regulation before it plugs into the receiver. Also, you will need to figure out the signal wires. Without understanding what you are doing, you will very likely burn up your receiver, or short out your ESC.
ill take care of the bec and anyways I'm planning on using 6s and there is no bec

JetCrafts

1662287460430.png
i was binging the vlogs cause i like the old vids best and just found out andres managed to do thisin this vlog at 5:15https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqAsBhvZ4mU&list=PL9Lso-E70z32_6r3EEI6JEGhmeWjWFH9K&index=89

dfixer

a

as I'm 14 and have not the slightest clue on mini quads and only have built one big one how would you connect the 4in 1 esc to your receiver
It is not too hard. tmotor have built in 10v bec. most others do not. the port on the esc are usually numbered, 1234, thats the signal line to the corresponding esc. The esc has +- batt pad to solder the batt connector on, the type that you will use. Thats about it. Run the rx's motor output channel to the corresponding esc. ger a servo pdb, if using only rx without fc. You could use all 4 esc and 4 motors or 1 and 1 motor etc.