Cannot bind Blade Inductrix with Spektrum DX6

espana23

Hi,

I am really hoping you guys can help me out here because I am going crazy with this.

About a week ago I bought a Blade Inductrix BNF and have been using it without any issues with both my DX6 and an MLP4DSM that I have from a Blade MCX2. As of yesterday it refuses to bind on my DX6. It has no issues binding to the MLP4DSM.

The procedure I follow to bind it with my DX6 is the one described in the manual which is:

1. Disconnect the flight battery from the quadcopter.
2. Set the model type in your transmitter settings to “Acro” mode.
3. Center all trims on your transmitter.
4. Power off the transmitter and fully lower the throttle.
5. Connect the flight battery in the quadcopter. The LED on the 3-in-1 control unit fl ashes red during initialization, then flashes blue when it is ready to bind.
6. Put the transmitter into bind mode while powering on the transmitter.
7. Release the bind button/switch after 2–3 seconds. The quadcopter is bound when the blue LED on the 3-in-1 control unit turns solid.
8. Disconnect the flight battery and power the transmitter off.

I tried creating a new Acro profile on the DX6, but the issue persists. I tried removing the batteries of the DX6 and putting them back again but still nothing. Tried having the DX6 a few feet away from the Inductrix during binding but no luck. Also had the antenna touching the Inductrix during binding but still nothing. I am also making sure that all switches on the radio are on 0 before binding, but still no luck. Also tried powering off my house Wifi just in case it interferes with the binding process but still nothing.

Since I don't have any other DSMX planes/quads/helis, I cannot bind my DX6 with anything else to confirm that it binds (I really hope there is nothing wrong with my DX6).

Does anyone know how I can get it to bind?

Thanks.

-Mike

Last edited:

Bricks

Master member
If it is a DX6 NOT a DX6I turn on your transmitter and do the orange lights come on in front if so then it is transmitting if not it needs to be sent in for repair.
Transmitter if it is working properly hit menu scroll down to System Setting click on that, it will ask if you want to do this click yes.
Scroll down until you find Bind click on it it will open a menu asking if you want to bind once the Quad battery is installed and the receiver lights are blinking click on the bind button see if that works for you.

Montiey

Master Tinkerer
Could be that the DX6 is in "DSM2" mode and the inductrix's receiver is DSMX-only (which is a good thing). This is in System Settings > Frame Rate. I doubt that this is it though.. Maybe poke around on youtube for basic spektrum binding tutorials; they might show something we've missed.

Good luck! :)

espana23

If it is a DX6 NOT a DX6I turn on your transmitter and do the orange lights come on in front if so then it is transmitting if not it needs to be sent in for repair.
Transmitter if it is working properly hit menu scroll down to System Setting click on that, it will ask if you want to do this click yes.
Scroll down until you find Bind click on it it will open a menu asking if you want to bind once the Quad battery is installed and the receiver lights are blinking click on the bind button see if that works for you.

The orange lights are off. I contacted HH and they said I need to send it in to have the RF board replaced. Do you know what could have caused this? Is this common on DX6 transmitters or any other Spektrum transmitters?

As a note, about 2-3 days ago I got the battery warning telling me that the DX6 batteries needed to be replaced as they were low and I replaced them.

Thanks.

espana23

Could be that the DX6 is in "DSM2" mode and the inductrix's receiver is DSMX-only (which is a good thing). This is in System Settings > Frame Rate. I doubt that this is it though.. Maybe poke around on youtube for basic spektrum binding tutorials; they might show something we've missed.

Good luck! :)

Thanks for the reply. HH said that the RF board needs to be replaced.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
The orange lights are off. I contacted HH and they said I need to send it in to have the RF board replaced. Do you know what could have caused this? Is this common on DX6 transmitters or any other Spektrum transmitters?

As a note, about 2-3 days ago I got the battery warning telling me that the DX6 batteries needed to be replaced as they were low and I replaced them.

Thanks.

My buddy had this happen with his DX6 too, HH told him that if the batteries get too low it can burn out the RF board. Strange design IMO, but they covered the repair and shipping I believe.