Cannot bind DX 6e

Aaeros

I am hooking up the aura 5 connected to a spm9745. I have a blinking light for biding on the receiver, however I get a failed bind message on the transmitter.

Last edited:

Aaeros

So I guess the 20th time is a charm. I stepped away several feet, I did it close, pointing at it, away from it. Just kept trying and all of a sudden it worked.

CustomRCMods

Elite member
Also very subjective to the satellite rx you use, or just RXes in general. I have found genuine spektrum products bind easier, but after a few tries all the aftermarket units I have tried (ORX, Lemon, Redcon, Knock offs, etc.) have worked.

Another solution to this is to have a regular RX to bind alongside the Aura 5. I had a similar problem with my RMRC stabilizer in my mini recruit. All I did was plug the satellite into the main 6ch RX and bind it to my model, then unplug the sat and plug it into the board. Didn’t seem like it would work on paper but worked like a charm!

Bricks

Master member
Also very subjective to the satellite rx you use, or just RXes in general. I have found genuine spektrum products bind easier, but after a few tries all the aftermarket units I have tried (ORX, Lemon, Redcon, Knock offs, etc.) have worked.

Another solution to this is to have a regular RX to bind alongside the Aura 5. I had a similar problem with my RMRC stabilizer in my mini recruit. All I did was plug the satellite into the main 6ch RX and bind it to my model, then unplug the sat and plug it into the board. Didn’t seem like it would work on paper but worked like a charm!

This is the easiest way to bind a satellite receiver for other uses.

Ry_tha_Fly

Guys I’m a newbie to this , 11yo and need some help. I can get the Aura 5 to bind to my Spectrum AR410 and my AR6610T (RX bind led goes from flash to solid ) and my dx-6e tx says it’s bound. BBBUUUTT...... the Aura 5 led light say its still searching for RX. Any ideas? Thanks

Jp2442

You need a different RX. I am using a Spectrum SPM4651T It is made to be used with telemetry units such as the aura 5. Both RX models you have are used as stand alone standard RX and will not work with the Aura unit. I had to learn the hard way but now I know and now you do to. Hope that helps and good luck flying.

TwoWhiteDogs

You need a different RX. I am using a Spectrum SPM4651T It is made to be used with telemetry units such as the aura 5. Both RX models you have are used as stand alone standard RX and will not work with the Aura unit. I had to learn the hard way but now I know and now you do to. Hope that helps and good luck flying.
How are you connecting the Aura? I've just received both the SPM4651T and the Aura 5 Lite and have used the four pin connector with the supplied cable. The Aura can't find the receiver, and the receiver won't bind to my DX6e.
I probably need to point out that all this technology is new to me and I'm probably doing it wrong :(. I last flew in the 36MHz era.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I'm not sure the Aura supports the SRXL2 protocol that receiver outputs as it's pretty new. The Aura specs don't list it anyway, good question for FT support :)

Jp2442

I had to learn the hard way that it did not work but the spektrum 9645 is the one you need and it can still have a few issues setting up once you have it bound but those are just some minor adjustments in the radio itself.

Slamador

How are you connecting the Aura? I've just received both the SPM4651T and the Aura 5 Lite and have used the four pin connector with the supplied cable. The Aura can't find the receiver, and the receiver won't bind to my DX6e.
I probably need to point out that all this technology is new to me and I'm probably doing it wrong :(. I last flew in the 36MHz era.

I am having the same issue this morning. has anybody found a solution to this??

Bricks

Master member
I am having the same issue this morning. has anybody found a solution to this??

The Aura 5 Light does not support SRXL 2 yet the big 4 pin connector on the board, for now you may have to use a satellite receiver until Aura updates the stabilizer to use SRXL2. At least from my understanding???????????. Might want to check Aura`s web sight to see if there are any updates to accommodate SRXL2

Slamador

The Aura 5 Light does not support SRXL 2 yet the big 4 pin connector on the board, for now you may have to use a satellite receiver until Aura updates the stabilizer to use SRXL2. At least from my understanding???????????. Might want to check Aura`s web sight to see if there are any updates to accommodate SRXL2

I got the SPM4651T because it was stated by flite test in one of their videos that this was one of the only two satellites compatible with the Aura 5

Bricks

Master member
I got the SPM4651T because it was stated by flite test in one of their videos that this was one of the only two satellites compatible with the Aura 5
As of now Aura 5 only recognizer's DSM2 so your satellites needs to be DSM2 the SPM4651T is a SXRL2 connection as far as I know. which Aura 5 does not support yet.

Bricks

Master member
Which Aura is he using there are 3 different ones ( actually 4 if counting the Light ) Aura Professional, Aura 8 and the Aura Light which is what FT sells the Aura 8 and the others w ill do SRXL2 the Aura Light will not.

Slamador

Which Aura is he using there are 3 different ones ( actually 4 if counting the Light ) Aura Professional, Aura 8 and the Aura Light which is what FT sells the Aura 8 and the others w ill do SRXL2 the Aura Light will not.
Did you watch the video?

Bricks

Master member
Did you watch the video?

Yes I did that should work as pausing it a few times to read the small print in the setup menu he is using the Aura Light. According to Aura the Light will not work SRXL2 evidently he found a work around by going into the transmitter and making the change there, if you cannot make that change TEXT GEN in telemetry in your transmitter then I doubt you will get it to work.....I have been wrong before but you never know.