CANNOT get Cleanflight working on my Mac

jifka

Yep. 4 cables, 4 computers, and still no luck. Is it possible I've gotten a bad board? It lights up and responds (green light) when it's tilted, but it doesn't want to connect. I've seen others talking about shorting boot pins. Would this help?

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I'm out of ideas. If you tried all that, I'd say the board is dead. Shorting boot pins is something I haven't done myself yet, so I can't help you with it.

I had a bad board too. Yours should have worked on one of those computers. For some reason my board (after replacing the bad one) doesn't always work when I plug it in and I have to try a few different USB ports. I threw away the USB cables that don't work and some of them truly don't work. I feel your frustration and pain. Sorry Dude!

jifka

I'm shipping the board back for a replacement. I'll update the thread once I get it. Thanks for all the help, everyone.

jifka

UPDATE: It's working!

Thanks for everyone's help. It was a bad board. I shipped it back, got a new one, and when I plugged it in, it immediately worked.

Now, on to my build!

jifka

So, now that you're building/have built, how about some pictures? :)

This is my experimental X-Frame rig. It's 1/4" delrin laser cut for arms and 1/8" delrin for top and bottom plates. 6" props. It's purely for LOS flying and I've since passed it to my son.

My new build is a QAV-R FPV setup:
Kombini FC
30A Lumenier Silk ESCs
FRSky X4R SB Rx
TBS Stealth Vtx
TBS Triumph Antenna
Runcam Eagle FPV cam
TBS Tango Tx with FRSky XJT module
Lumenier LED system
Racekraft 5x4x3 props

I've yet to maiden it. Weather in NY has been crap.

Attachments

• File_000.jpeg
    File_000.jpeg
    750.2 KB · Views: 1

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Very nice - I keep hearing good things about the Kombini FC, but haven't moved to anything that advanced yet. How's it performing for you?

jifka

Very nice - I keep hearing good things about the Kombini FC, but haven't moved to anything that advanced yet. How's it performing for you?

I have yet to fly it. I finished my build last week but now it's snowing. :(

Here's the new one...
File_000 (1).jpeg

I also 3D printed an antenna mount and a mount for a GoPro.

Last edited:

Biplaneguy

cleanflight solution

Hi,

I had the same problem but figured out a solution....

I was trying to download the drivers in Safari and install them...this didn't work. They came in a s a zip file that wouldn't install.

I just tried downloading them and installing them with google chrome and it worked!

Hope this works for you....

Brian

Ricci

Posted a thousand or more times
I had also problems i install and reinstalled the drivers several times and after deinstalling chrome and installing chrome again and a reboot finally works.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I'm on an older iMac (about 8 years or so) and running El Capitán (the latest it can take) but I do not use Safari. According to David W. Chrome is the app to use for Cleanflight. It works. No kidding.

jifka

No worries - it was a bad board

It looks like this thread came back from the dead.

I'm not sure if you saw my updated post - the problem was a bad board. I got a replacement board shipped to me and it worked on the first try. It wasn't drivers, or anything like that. It was the board.