Can't activate account at Flitetest.com

tecdux

Hi,

since December I've been trying to complete the registration at Flitetest by clicking on the confim button in this page:

http://flitetest.com/secured/AccountVerification?u=tecdux&c=D3EBFCA04A

But i'm getting the following message:

Uh oh!
You have stumbled upon an error within the website.
We apologize for any inconvenience we have caused; however, you may rest easy tonight knowing that our support staff has been notified of this error and will investigate as soon as possible. You may continue using the website by following the navigation above. Thank you for your patience.
Oh, and by the way...if you continue receiving this error message and would like to contact our support staff directly...you may do so by email.

http://flitetest.com/Error.aspx?asp...Verification/730fff0621e6a04e88fcc27ba8cc4a75

What's happening?

Thanks

tecdux

That's a good question because the register for the site and forum are the same.

But, when I try to access "My Account" in the flitetest web site (not the forum) I get:

Almost Complete!
An email has been sent to the email address you provided.

Please click the confirm button within the email to complete your registration.

trumpy959

I have the same problem after registering at the forum and sent a similar question in response to the welcoming email confirmation I recieved from Flitetest. If im able to use my username and password in the forum and participate im not sure why I would need to log into the main site or what I would do there anyway. I assumed once registered one account would work for both the forum, and the main page... could someone explain?

Thanks

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
They're two separate sites running on two different systems. Think of it like Facebook and Youtube, except they're both owned and run by Flite Test.

For example, I have full moderator powers here, but I'm just a regular user over there.

trumpy959

Im not sure what's suppose to happen on the main page but whenever I try to register there the only fields im allowed to type in are for username and password. Both email field's remain empty no matter how much I type, so the process never complete's. For whatever reason it's not possible to register at this time so im not going to worry about it. The forum is where I need to be anyway in order to get the most help and read everyone's good idea's.

Thanks

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
The main site is supposed to be more like a freelance online magazine. Where anyone could be the author of their own articles. It's ended up being more like an extent ion of the forums with people placing posts instead of actual articles.