CAN'T BARREL ROLL, SO I BUILT THIS PLANE

L Edge

Master member
Here is a fun project to do that is real easy to build.

Simple to make--make circle,re-inforce dia, add vertical piece(rudder at end), glue 2 carbon rods and vertical stabs, setup cross piece for elevons . Mount motor/prop and all electronics up in nose.

If enough people are interested in building one, I will do a layout of the dimensions.

Oh yes, once I made the barrel, then I was able to roll it!! Yes, it will even loop. 1:23 if you watch close, head camera cheap

Not only designed a one barrel, designed a 2 barrel plane called "Double Trouble". Will put that up another day.

P1010094.JPG

Last edited:

FastCrash45

Elite member
Here is a fun project to do that is real easy to build.

Simple to make--make circle,re-inforce dia, add vertical piece(rudder at end), glue 2 carbon rods and vertical stabs, setup cross piece for elevons . Mount motor/prop and all electronics up in nose.
If enough people are interested in building one, I will do a layout of the dimensions.
Oh yes, once I made the barrel, then I was able to roll it!! Yes, it will even loop. 1:23 if you watch close, head camera cheap

View attachment 125747
Now that is a unique plane!! It looks easy to fly too! I'd like to know what motor, prop and other specs you can offer. I love unique stuff and this fits right in.

L Edge

Master member
Now that is a unique plane!! It looks easy to fly too! I'd like to know what motor, prop and other specs you can offer. I love unique stuff and this fits right in.

I am scratch builder so I never made any plans. Beside, it was many moons ago.

Barrel is 48" long and width is 12" Rolled by 1" copper pipe on inside which crushed until it made a circle.
Carbon rods are 30" long
Rudder is 5" wide and 7 1/2" high
Horizontal wing is 14 3/4" long and 7 1/2" wide - elevons are 2 1/4 wide movement cut into 2. Set deflection at 1 1/2 max"
Rudder is 2 3/4 wide by 5" long and starts 1" from center and in back segment.
Tapered nose out for motor mount by 3 "
Used Eflite motor 370(still make?), 1300 mah 3S Lipo , and 9 x 3/8 SF prop

Again, keep tail very light as possible when glueing .

FastCrash45

Elite member
Fantastic!! That's more than enough info to get me started. I've never seen anything like this and that gives me a bad itch to make one for myself!😎
Thanks again!!