Can't find or download Orange Tx6i firmware

hiroshiman

Hey guys, I'm totally new to this hobby. I just acquired a Orx TX6i Internationnal, mode 1, but I can't download the firmware from Hobbyking, the link points to nothing. Are there alternative options to get updates ?

By the way, I could buy the International version from Switzerland, DSM2 and DSMX compatible, would the site have blocked me if I had lived in one of the neighbors country ? Just being curious

Take care

FDS

Elite member
You can buy whatever you want, the chances of the “radio police” detecting the difference between DSM2 and DSMX are approximately zero!
Why do you want to mess with firmware? There’s no real advantage from changing anything on that TX.
If you want a TX with no limits and regular firmware development get something that runs OpenTX like the Jumper T12. That also does DSMX, DSM2 and every other common protocol.

hiroshiman

You can buy whatever you want, the chances of the “radio police” detecting the difference between DSM2 and DSMX are approximately zero!
Why do you want to mess with firmware? There’s no real advantage from changing anything on that TX.
If you want a TX with no limits and regular firmware development get something that runs OpenTX like the Jumper T12. That also does DSMX, DSM2 and every other common protocol.

The idea was just to have it up to date. It does display something like march 2019 (I don't have it under my hand right now). I work in IT, I like it up to date :) I finally found some posts on Hobbyking forums of people facing the same issue, I guess they will fix it.

About the "radio police", it was really just out of curiosity. If they do manage to track me down, I paid with my wife's credit card and will put the blame on her, can't be too cautious right? (y)

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
Yep. I am in the EU, I have some DSM2 equipment. Still not been caught and sent for radio re education.
They haven’t updated the Orange TX firmware since then. It’s pretty simple, doesn’t need much. Mine has been super reliable with the Lemon RX receivers and with Horizon Hobby BNF planes.
Theres not much complex stuff going on in pre programmed TX’s, you rarely get any new features or firmware.