Can't get Gremlin not to pitch up

zap2012

OK, I've run into a frustrating problem with my Gremlin. I first noticed that, in acro mode, I have to continuously push the pitch stick forward to keep the quad from nosing up. Then I tried an experiment. I got the quad hovering in self-leveling mode, then switched to acro mode. I applied throttle while the quad was still hovering level, and the nose pitched up again. This happens regardless of how aggressively I apply the throttle, though more aggressive applications make the nose pull up more severely.

I've tried adjusting the anti-gravity settings in Betaflight, and I've adjusted both the P and I terms on the pitch axis. I've recalibrated my sticks. I've adjusted the CG by pushing the battery forward.

I'm out of ideas. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Did you by chance move the trims by accident or on purpose?

I would start by going back and doing a complete initial set up starting with channel centers, end points, and esc calibrations.

Also default betaflight back to stock so you are actually starting at the beginning.

If you need help or proccedures lemme know I can walk you thru it start to finish.

Reactions: FDS

zap2012

Thanks for the reply. A total reset seems like a good idea to me. I'd appreciate any guidance you can offer on how to do it.

Thanks, man.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
If you use skype hit me with a pm with your screen name and when you got a free hour to go thru it all in a call.

It shouldnt take that long but having a bit of time buffer makes it less stressful and there are usually a ton of new questions that come up during the process.

zap2012

So, I was able to check the centers and calibrate the sticks. That seems to be fine.

I also tried to recalibrate the ESCs, but I'm using DSHOT, which apparently means that you don't need to and in fact can't calibrate the ESCs.

Is that right?

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
So, I was able to check the centers and calibrate the sticks. That seems to be fine.

I also tried to recalibrate the ESCs, but I'm using DSHOT, which apparently means that you don't need to and in fact can't calibrate the ESCs.

Is that right?

correct

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Anti gravity is designed to kick in on rapid throttle changes - I'm sure you researched the parameters while playing with it. This seems like it's happening all the time though, so it's more of a base I term problem. Did you try raising the I really high? If it still does it with pitch I maxed out and everything else default , I suspect a faulty gyro. Does it have any of the same tendencies in horizon/angle mode?