CAN'T POST PICS IN ARTICLES - I'M YELLING BECAUSE I CAN'T GET A BLEEPING ANSWER!!!

IamNabil

I suspect that the photos are there, and would be fine if that article was published. Unfortunately, the publish button wasn't working for us to test my hypothesis. If I had to guess, I would say that an apache reset is in order. (For all of the other geeks reading this, yes, I know that apache is usually rock solid. That doesn't mean that broken PHP won't break it!)

con244

We are out of my experience level, I'll watch with interest. Con. PS I did try to set up a article yesterday and had no problems at all not sure how that tallies with the broken Apache?

Last edited:

IamNabil

I believe that this forum runs on Apache, or possibly lighttp, which are web servers. The actual software that serves the web pages. You can push a soft reset to apache or lighttp, which will refresh the processes and reread the code for the various web pages without killing everyone's connection. To be fair, I don't know which forum software this site is running, since I can't see any branding, so I can't really be sure. It's been two and a half years since I was responsible for the care and feeding of Linux web servers.

update: it is vbulletin.

Bbjen

It is vbulletin but I think that the articles system is not part of it. I think that it simply borrows the login to avoid duplicate database entry. Since there is ajax running with aspx on the front page I think that they are on microsoft IIS 6.0.

As for your problem earth, question... Do you see the images in preview mode?

IamNabil

Actually, I take back my earlier assertion. I just looked at a new article post, and the images aren't there. So, all in all, the article system is currently broken.

rctestbench

did anyone ever fix this because i have the same problem. I can post videos from youtube, but none of my photos show in any of my articles.

I can add a photo if i provide the link but it will not show any photos that i upload and save to flitetest.com in the article.

Last edited:

earthsciteach

It hasn't been fixed, but Chad explained the issues. Basically, Flite Test is going to relaunch an entirely new site within the next two weeks. That should fix this problem and will be reorganized to better sort articles.

panther3001

I'm having the same problem. Images don't show up in articles. VERY annoying. I've wasted hours trying to force it to work.