CAN'T POST PICS IN ARTICLES - I'M YELLING BECAUSE I CAN'T GET A BLEEPING ANSWER!!!

earthsciteach

There are issues with posting pics into articles. I see that some people are able to do so. I can't and I know others can't, either. Can someone PLEASE help????
Thanks. I feel a bit better, now.

con244

Hi teach, Have you checked in your General Settings that in your "Thread Display Options" , "Show Images" is ticked? All my options under "Thread Display" are ticked. I've just got to the point with all this stuff that I just tick everything to see what it does. If I don't like what it does I untick it. Sad little life isn't it?:confused:
Con

earthsciteach

Con, thanks for your reply. I can post pics in the forum, its in the writing of articles that I can't post pics in. I looked for similar settings on "that side" of the site, but don't see anything.

con244

Con, thanks for your reply. I can post pics in the forum, its in the writing of articles that I can't post pics in. I looked for similar settings on "that side" of the site, but don't see anything.
See told you I didn't know what I was doing lol :confused: Con
ps just checked on the article side and my account allows the attaching of thumbnail images. could there be a setting in your antivirus or firewall that is stopping this? there is also a couple of buttons where the storyline goes to add either a video or pic. Do you have these?

Last edited:

earthsciteach

I do have the buttons in the editor window for pics and video. The video works. When I click on the add pic button, a window pops up with the option of link to a pic or select file. Both of these appear to work and the pic shows up in that window, but when I hit save, only a frame with a broken image icon shows up in the article.

Where did you find the settings for you "other side" account? When I go to my account, I have the dashboard, about me, and a couple of other options. I don't see what I would consider settings.

IamNabil

This'll sound weird, but I run a computer consulting company. I can remote into your computer and take a look if you would like.

Bbjen

I am curious to know what is the size of your images, there are upload limits that the php server can handle...

earthsciteach

Weird. I contact the "contact" person, again. Hopefully I'll hear something. Thanks, again for your help, Nabil. To ease the annoyance of not being able to post pics, I just went out and ripped my Assassin around the sky. I love the way the scream of that motor echoes off of the houses in my neighborhood!

earthsciteach

The buttons are there for me, as well. It appears that a pic is being saved, but nothing ever shows up except for a frame and broken image icon.

Nabil remote accessed my computer and had no luck, either. I also have tried from explorer on a PC. No luck there, either.

MrClean

Shoot, I tried putting one together and it wouldn't even do anything when I hit preview, or submit or whatever. So at least your further along then I.