Can't see current sensor in betaflight?!

Pete678

im really sorry if this has been asked before but i cannot see my current sensor in betaflight. I've tried a couple of different boards now. Matek F405-std with the 6s pdb hub connected via cable and soldered on vbat and a omnibus f4 pro corner v1.3. ive gone through the configuration and checked everything but the actual current sensor doesnt show on betaflight and i'm totally stumped! if there is a fix for this could someone PLEASE help! it would be really appreciated :)
thanks
Pete

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
The omnibus should work. When you say you don’t “have it in betaflight,” do you mean it’s not visible on the OSD or it’s not reading the current? If not visible on the OSD, have you checked the box for OSD and have you made sure it’s placed within the field of view? If you’re using NTSC video, you will not have the whole “display” shown on betaflight to use. It’s best to put it near the center of the display, turn on your goggles/screen and watch it’s position as you move it around.

I’m not familiar with the Matek. It doesn’t sound like there is a current sensor (look for a large shunt resistor near the main battery pads). Most standard pdbs don’t have current sensors, and even if it did, you’d need a separate current wire attached to the FC (or it’d need to be in the ribbon cable).

Pete678

im not getting the option in betaflight for current sensor. When i go into configuration it just shows axis and arming etc but no current sensor. They both have the shunt resistors for current sensing. The matek has it on the pdb and its ribbon run to the fc but i connected it via the vbat connector too after it didnt show in the first instance.

French

What “option” are you looking for? Current is either available or not, there isn’t anything you need to enable to get the FC to sense the current. If you’re trying to get it to display in your OSD, you just need to check the slider in the OSD tab:

FYI, vbat has nothing to do with current. It’s only for sensing the battery voltage.

Pete678

in which screen do you caibrate your current sensor? when i go into the CONFIGURATION screen the current sensor options are not showing.
i will try to take a screenshot to show you......

French

Go to the power and battery tab. Amperage = current.

28981129-b7908626-790d-11e7-96a7-b238c64de3b0.png