Can't wait for this weeks episode of FliteTest!! Looks like behind the scenes :)

bmsweb

Site Moderator
I can't wait for this episode of flitetest. looking forwards to findout a little background behind the crew etc . . I really want to know how and who came up with the idea of FliteTest and why? I still can't believe we have such a high quality production that's on RC models . . that's so cool :)

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
You and me both! And I already know some of the back story.

I've been waiting for some videos like this one teases to be, for a while now.

Attachments

• spitfire.jpg
    spitfire.jpg
    692.8 KB · Views: 431
  • More build and spray brush 006.jpg
    More build and spray brush 006.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 280

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
There is definitely a quality with these guys that is uncommon. I enjoy their facts, their fun, and all their variety. And it's all something to participate in and share with others. Gotta love flying!

Attachments

• 2013mm0920_133503.jpg
    2013mm0920_133503.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I like the fact that they have the "beginner" and the "expert", so that guys new to RC planes (like me) will get their "dumb" questions answered...

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I am a big fan of the format. I love the indoor/outdoor element. The California segments where ok, but they didn't have the same feel.

The exception is the SEFF videos. I really enjoyed them, for some reason... :D

The Toledo ones were great too. I especially enjoyed the fact they spoke with some of the "smaller" vendors.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I just saw the behind the scenes video on Josh Bixler and I just want to echo what I said on YouTube...

I gotta say it; Josh Bixler is a class act! While conveying his passion for the hobby, he spent most of his the honoring everyone else around him which makes it all the more fitting that he would have his name on a plane. It's always better when you don't have to brag yourself up.
JB, if you read this, you're a good man. I very much appreciate what you are doing. Keep it up, Brother.—Jim

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    773.9 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

Josh Bixler

Thankyou for the very kind words Jim. I can't begin to tell you how blessed I feel to be part of the Flitetest team and a great rc community like this. Thankyou for your support and incouragement friend!

PS My brothers name is Jim! How cool is that!

JB

Attachments

• plane07.JPG
    plane07.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 75

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Hi Josh! I was wondering if you were going to show up on your own forum!
Anyway, even if I don't know you personally, I have to admit that you're worth that honor... Is this the first time an RC plane gets a name from a kind person?

Attachments

• pano2.jpg
    pano2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • pano.jpg
    pano.jpg
    641.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Resized 4.jpg
    Resized 4.jpg
    715.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Resized 3.jpg
    Resized 3.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Pilots2.jpg
    Pilots2.jpg
    406.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Resized 2.jpg
    Resized 2.jpg
    771.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Resized 1.jpg
    Resized 1.jpg
    644.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 20140727_070701.JPG
    20140727_070701.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • NAS-BWACC Trophy.jpg
    NAS-BWACC Trophy.jpg
    505.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Flamed Raptor.jpg
    Flamed Raptor.jpg
    573.4 KB · Views: 1

DejaD

ARG=almost ready to glue
The Flitetest formula is most definately unique. The way the Joshs' personalities play off each other, the way the information is delivered to the audience, the mix of informational time and actual flight time, the camera location so close to the talent that you feel like you're having a conversation with Josh and Josh rather than watching them on a computer monitor. It has a very honest quality to it. I'm sure the director, Chad, is the backbone of the operation and the bonding agent that pulls this all together. He seems to get overlooked somehow, so kudos to you, Chad. To the entire Flitetest team, Great work and many years of continued success!