Carbon cub s+ battery size.

DanT88

Ive seen people go up to 2200mah 3s in these planes, just for kicks i put a 5000mah 3s in it and checked CG where the manual specified, didnt seem nose or tail heavy any reason why i shouldn't give it a try?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Ive seen people go up to 2200mah 3s in these planes, just for kicks i put a 5000mah 3s in it and checked CG where the manual specified, didnt seem nose or tail heavy any reason why i shouldn't give it a try?
Go for it! I’ve flown my ft guinea pig on a 5000 man 3s. If it balances well, then there is no reason it won’t fly. It might fly heavy and need a little more speed to keep it in the air, but you’ll get some good flight time out of it...

DanT88

Awesome i was gonna say seems that everything ive seen CG is key didnt notice a big difference between it and the 1300mah it comes with

quorneng

Master member
If the battery is positioned close to the CofG you can have it almost as big as you like. Eventually structural limits and the power required to fly will stop you.
A high weights a plane can become hard to handle and even harder to land without breaking something. :(

If you want maximum 'endurance' you may be better to find out how little power you actually need as this could mean using a 2s rather than a 3s. It will only be 2/3 the weight.;)
I developed my original 9.6 V NiMH brushed RTF Wing Dragon into a plane of the same size that could stay up under power for 5 hours.

DanT88

So i did run it with the 5000mah today, it flew good actually did feel a tad slower needed a tiny bit more room for take off, wasnt quite as agile but was still able to roll, loop, and fly inverted.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
So i did run it with the 5000mah today, it flew good actually did feel a tad slower needed a tiny bit more room for take off, wasnt quite as agile but was still able to roll, loop, and fly inverted.
Well you’ve got a lot more flight time now!

DanT88

Well you’ve got a lot more flight time now!
Absolutely it had plenty of flight time, and it lived through it so i guess im doin something right lol

Attachments

• 20191016_175928.jpg
    20191016_175928.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0