CARD GAME: Foam Board Planes

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
DIY CARD GAMES with Foam Board Planes

Three different BETA Versions are ready for download!
FliteTest FLITEFEST
Foam Board Planes
by FoamyDM​
by AircPirates​
FoamyDM_Cards.JPG
cards.jpg

FliteTest Air Combat
by AircPirates​
DIY_CG_FTAC.jpg

Play, enjoy and let us know your thoughts.

FoamyDM & AircPirates

Old first post:

card_ft_sea duck_.jpg

Download: View attachment Cards_FB_Planes_Letter.pdf

The following cards are included in this file:
  • FT Sea Duck
  • FT Bushwacker
  • FT Mig-3
  • FT Explorer
  • Baby Baron
  • Caudron C.460
  • AP Rascal Racer
  • nnDLG (CG?)
Let´s include every design!
I don't know every plane in this forum, so please share a picture and the following data for every plane you want to have a card for:
  • Plane:
  • Designer:
  • Wingspan:
  • Weight without battery:
  • Center of gravity:
  • Recommended battery:
  • Recommended motor size:
  • Recommended motor kv:
  • Recommended ESC:
  • Recommended prop:
Thank´s in advance!

I like playing cards with my family. So why there is no game about our planes made of FliteTest Foam Board?
There are a lot of designs created by FliteTest and the FT Community!

FliteTest would you create a card game?
Also you could attach one card to every speed build kit - just like trading cards.

Or should we create a card game in the FT Community - a free DIY-game?

Here is a suggestion for the layout with some examples (first considerations):

card_01_.jpg

card_02.jpg

card_03.jpg

card_04.jpg

card_05.jpg

Play the fast-paced game and learn about planes made of FliteTest Foam Board. Play different versions the game using the 8 facts on each card. At each turn in the game, a different plane may win. One may have a larger wingspan while another has a higher kv!

May the cards be with you! ;)

What do you think?

Last edited:

RCLucas

Yes, yes, yes.
It's like Pokémon, gotta collect them all! This will add a new factor in our addiction. :cool:

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I love the idea of having a set of these cards - especially with lots of community planes in addition to the FT ones like you've started here. :applause:

The gamification doesn't interest me as much, but I'd love to be able to flip through a deck when I have a motor come available and say 'oh yeah- I can use it in that cool design'.

What software are you using to create these?

Thanks!

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
I don´t thought of Pokémon, but i thought to:

top-trumps-ultimate-military-jets-which-is-the-fastest-card-game.jpg

I think every plane made of Foam Board - whether from FliteTest or from the community - should have a card.
Like a model has a comp card. ;)

... What software are you using to create these? ...

I use Microsoft Publisher to create the cards.

I still need some data to finish this card: :D

card_caudron.jpg

Last edited:

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
Ha! I LOVE this idea guys... I have shot it to the crew to see what they think of the idea! Keep innovating and thinking up new things... WE LOVE IT! ha

Let me know if anyone happens to print off a set, I would love to see em in person!

Blessings,
Stefan

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
That's awesome!! :applause:

Here's the rest of the data...

Wingspan 44" (1117mm)
COG 2.25" (57mm)
Weight 34 oz (964g)

Please please please do more of the FF International Air Race planes! :applause:

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Don't forget DLGs too.

I'm a fan of CCGs like Magic The Gathering, pokemon (from my son) even Sushi Go! or Lord of the Fries, et al. for this game maybe a cross between Spit and Rummy 500. with a Melbourne/Uno setback kinda thing Like "run out of Glue sticks, Lose your turn re-stocking". The big question is what's the point of the game? first to build a plane? My thought is it's to eliminate the build pool.

Here's my thought:
There is an aircraft deck and a parts deck. The aircraft deck, has all the planes - like you're setting up now. The parts deck is all the parts one might need to build it. Each part has a pt value (Happy Josh faces)

Component Cards Like:
  • Transmitter: Basic (4ch max), advanced (6ch), Expert (8+ch)
  • Reciever: 4ch, 6ch, 8+ch SBUS
  • Batteries: 2s 3s 4s
  • Foam: Plain, Water-proof (the sea duck et. al must use waterproof)
  • ESCs: 6a 12a 20a 30a
  • Propellers: 3", 5", 8", 10"
  • Motor: 1806/2300kv, 2822/1200kv, 2215/920kv
  • Maybe even have a Power Pack (joker) card for A, B or C Power packs which has all the components (ESC, Motor, Prop, servos)
  • Servos: 5g and 9g
  • FPV - adds 2pts to a build.

You try to build the planes in the stacks. when all are built, the game is done. You count your points at the end of the round.

Boon and Bust cards like: "out of glue", "Part Failure - prop bust", "Failed Maiden", "Parts from China" all cause your opponent to miss their next turn. Then add cards like, "Mega Build sponsor help - Your Project has excited the community, this card satisfies 2 parts of your LARGE build." "FT Community support - Negate a Part failure card. After crashing you plane, community members pat you on the back, encouraging you to fix it while they drop a set of servos and a prop in your lap". "A 'looking great' comment bolsters your resolve. Pick another part card to use in your build."

Anyway, that nickel's worth.:p

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
Don't forget DLGs too. ...

I only know the nnDLG by nerdnic. Do you know others?

FoamyDM - your thoughts a very impressive! Thank you so much! It sounds like a large project for the next winter or a project for the FT-Team? This would be an awesome card game or perhaps the first FliteTest-App for Smartphones?

Back to the fast-paced game:
The collection of FT aircraft data is no problem - thank´s to the store.
Unfortunately, I don´t have enough time to collect the data for each aircraft of the community and find a nice picture.
If someone wants to support me, please share a picture and the following data (especially the FF International Air Race planes):

• Plane:
  • Designer:
  • Wingspan:
  • Weight without battery:
  • Center of gravity:
  • Recommended battery:
  • Recommended motor size:
  • Recommended motor kv:
  • Recommended ESC:
  • Recommended prop:
I will list the finished cards and the downloafile in the first post of this thread.
Maximum four cards fit on one sheet of paper in letter format.

The card of the nnDLG is almost ready. Someone knows the CG´s of this plane?

Thanks in advance!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Oh sure.. leave out the top bladed beasts like the Gremlin or the Versa Copter or my RR5 Alien Batflowbile or Localfeinds gyrocopter even.

Maybe set a deck up where multi rotors are one suit, DLG's are another, FT planes are another and the International Racers are the fourth?
Or possibly due to limited productions that the International Racers are the aces and kings possibly queens if there are enough. Then the DLG fill out the face cards and then multi rotors are like 10 - 8's depending on how many and then FT planes fill the rest grouped by type.

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
I just saw this from the card you shared on the Baby Baron thread. What a cool concept. And thank you for including one of my designs. I know Joshua Finn (FAI-F1D) is working on a foam board 1.5m DLG called the Spinster.

Thank you for pointing to the Spinster DLG. Your Baby Baron will not remain the only SPONZ design. Your other designs will follow! :D

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
Oh sure.. leave out the top bladed beasts like the Gremlin or the Versa Copter or my RR5 Alien Batflowbile or Localfeinds gyrocopter even.

Maybe set a deck up where multi rotors are one suit, DLG's are another, FT planes are another and the International Racers are the fourth?
Or possibly due to limited productions that the International Racers are the aces and kings possibly queens if there are enough. Then the DLG fill out the face cards and then multi rotors are like 10 - 8's depending on how many and then FT planes fill the rest grouped by type.

Thank you for your thoughts! I want to create a card game for rc planes made from Foamboard, unfortunately I do not know a Quadcopter made from Foam Board. I've already thought about different decks or groups, but since there would be a discrepancy in the number (so far only 2 DLG's). That´s why I have rejected this idea. :(

FoamyDM

Moving ahead

I've been taking my version of the idea and running with it. My goal is to educate non-enthusiasts and newbs. Have experienced ft pilots enjoy and maybe find a new plane to build-fly-crash
IMG_20170615_005345161.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170615_005345161.jpg
    IMG_20170615_005345161.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Are there enough FT and FT community foamies to make a full deck? Kinda why I made my suggestion to maybe fill a full deck faster. In any case its still cool as anything and its good to see people running with a good idea.

FoamyDM

I was looking at the SPONZ model repository earlier today as I was putting together some planes for my aircraft deck. I don't thing there are 52 (42 technically) but if you add article odd balls like the star destroyer, the death star, fowler flyer (with the turkey) the octo-blimp, Microwave plane, the blender plane, the kraken, circle plane, the 15-wing plane, other FF huge builds... it would bring it up there.

Let's not forget FT community builds or amazing custom builds, or things like the noob-tube.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Are there enough FT and FT community foamies to make a full deck? Kinda why I made my suggestion to maybe fill a full deck faster. In any case its still cool as anything and its good to see people running with a good idea.
I don't know how exposed you've been to Pokemon and the like but they are more similar to Baseball cards than poker cards. I'm would prefer the latter of the two and make them a usable 52 card deck (perhaps with jokers 54). I was thinking quads could replace clubs for example. But I think these cards here are going a different route altogether.

And hey! What's a batflowbile?

FoamyDM

My Son is into Pokemon and Magic the Gathering. And I'm with you, I'm not looking to build a collectible card game. Around 120 cards.
50 planes, 70 parts, 6-8 Pilots.

My thoughts were to have a Card game like Race for the Summit Card Game or the card classic Mille Bornes. I was thinking of a came like Pinochle or even cribbage where there are two phases with ways to earn Points (Fun) every Hand

Race for the Summit is a Rock Climbing card game which is an game that has no business being good. I'm a rock climber for exercise, and Expected this to stink. 1. it's fun. 2. it teaches non-climbers basic concepts and term about climbing. 3. it is a quick accurate fun "simulation" of a competitive climb with friends. "I'll get to the top first." that experienced climbers can relate to and not be bored with.

I've had a number of climbers and non-climbers have a great time with this.

That's the experience I wanted from the my version of the card game. It's fun for Flyers and non-fliers. Teaches non-plane-builders about the RC hobby and building. Teaches noobs the parts/terminology they'll need. It should be a fun time for experience flyers to relate to and play.

Working out a couple details, but I think it's coming together. When It's done, Could I have any volunteers for Play testers?