tesseract

Master member
I'm almost out of foam!! does anyone have plans that work with cardboard?? shipping times take till we all ded, so cardboard will have to do :) Thanx in advance!

OliverW

Legendary member
My concern is how heavy cardboard is. But otherwise if its the same thickness as FT foam give it a try. You can also go to your local dollar store to get foamboard which is what most FT community members do to save time and money

tesseract

Master member
My concern is how heavy cardboard is. But otherwise if its the same thickness as FT foam give it a try. You can also go to your local dollar store to get foamboard which is what most FT community members do to save time and money
yeah but dtfb is supa heavy so aaahhh no
I wanted cardboard plans cause how am i gonna bevel cut cardboard, b/a fold?

OliverW

Legendary member
DTFB weighs just as much. I've used both and have had no issues. And that's the issue with cardboard. If there's a cavity cut you cut out the cardboard from either side and just glue the piece to either the bottom or the top of the part

Flyingshark

Master member
I’ve never heard that DFTB is heavy. Are you referring to Elmer’s foam board? That’s maybe twice the weight per sheet compared to Adam’s readi board. (DFTB)

If it helps, the Adam’s stuff is on Amazon if it’s not available at your local dollar store.

bennmar02

I made ft arrow, ft cub out if cardboard. You can easily made hinges by cutting between nerves of cardboard

Attachments

• IMG_20200530_214724.jpg
    IMG_20200530_214724.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
DTFB weighs just as much. I've used both and have had no issues. And that's the issue with cardboard. If there's a cavity cut you cut out the cardboard from either side and just glue the piece to either the bottom or the top of the part
I've weighed them both. They're exactly the same. 116g vs 117g. Your mileage may vary depending on the factory run.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I’ve had great results with Ross fb from Walmart. The weight is very similar to Adams fb, the only difference, the paper is far more difficult to remove.

tesseract

Master member
I've weighed them both. They're exactly the same. 116g vs 117g. Your mileage may vary depending on the factory run.
I am back!-
okay.... makes sense! Just yesterday I started making a gaming desk out of super rigid cardboard for the heck of it... it can be really strong if you use it right!
(p.s. new profile pic comin' soon! i do not like this one anymore...)