Cargo Plane that drops Rocket powered planes1

Carmatious

Cargo Plane that drops Rocket powered plane

So I've always wanted to see things dropped out of planes. How about dumping out a r/c plane from a large cargo plane? The cargo plane could be fairly large with most of it's space for cargo. You guys could make a retractable wing mini plane that is specifically made for rockets! It should be a V-Tail and the end of the tail there could be space for a rocket. The wings could be spring retracting, so as soon as its pushed out of the plane it's wings pop open. It could be pushed out by a servo, maybe or something better. Is it possible? From what I've seen on FliteTest it is clearly possible. Oh and, they would both probably be made of foam, Eh.

Thanks for reading my post! Is it a good idea, is it plausible? Let me know!

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I would think a plane with a switchblade wing, and a releasable drag chute would do it. The cargo door opens, the parachute deploys, it pulls the jet plane out, and the wing rotates into place as it clears the cargo plane. It glides a while, then the jet is activated. WOOOOSH!

Carmatious

I would think a plane with a switchblade wing, and a releasable drag chute would do it. The cargo door opens, the parachute deploys, it pulls the jet plane out, and the wing rotates into place as it clears the cargo plane. It glides a while, then the jet is activated. WOOOOSH!

That is pretty much exactly what I had in mind!

earthsciteach

Definition:
projectile |prəˈjektl, -ˌtīl|nouna missile designed to be fired from a rocket or gun.• an object propelled through the air, esp. one thrown as a weapon: they tried to shield Johnson from the projectiles that were being thrown.adjective [ attrib. ]of or relating to such a missile or object: a projectile weapon.• propelled with great force: projectile vomiting.ORIGIN mid 17th cent.: modern Latin, from project- ‘thrown forth,’ from the verb proicere (see project) .

First, this rocket plane was NOT fired from a missile or gun. Second, this rocket plane wasdefinitely NOT intended to be a weapon. Therefore, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, no projectile was ever involved in my client's harmless experiment. Additionally, this very form of activity is what allowed NASA to place men on the moon and construct a reusable space shuttle. Those talented and intelligent engineers responsible for designing the mighty machines that reach space are who they are because they were free to explore the mysteries of air and space as children. These curious children, looking up at the stars, were inspired by their early success and failures building model aircraft and rockets. Had they not been allowed that freedom, how would these men and women have become those with the know-how and motivation to construct devices that only existed in the realm of science fiction merely 60 years ago?

Therefore, I respectfully submit, nay, I declare with utmost confidence, that finding my client guilty is not only a ridiculous decision, it is a decision that will stifle the creativity and eliminate the dreams of today's children who will grow up to become the next generation of explorers beyond our planet!

I rest my case.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Definition:
projectile |prəˈjektl, -ˌtīl|nouna missile designed to be fired from a rocket or gun.• an object propelled through the air, esp. one thrown as a weapon: they tried to shield Johnson from the projectiles that were being thrown.adjective [ attrib. ]of or relating to such a missile or object: a projectile weapon.• propelled with great force: projectile vomiting.ORIGIN mid 17th cent.: modern Latin, from project- ‘thrown forth,’ from the verb proicere (see project) .

First, this rocket plane was NOT fired from a missile or gun. Second, this rocket plane wasdefinitely NOT intended to be a weapon. Therefore, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, no projectile was ever involved in my client's harmless experiment. Additionally, this very form of activity is what allowed NASA to place men on the moon and construct a reusable space shuttle. Those talented and intelligent engineers responsible for designing the mighty machines that reach space are who they are because they were free to explore the mysteries of air and space as children. These curious children, looking up at the stars, were inspired by their early success and failures building model aircraft and rockets. Had they not been allowed that freedom, how would these men and women have become those with the know-how and motivation to construct devices that only existed in the realm of science fiction merely 60 years ago?

Therefore, I respectfully submit, nay, I declare with utmost confidence, that finding my client guilty is not only a ridiculous decision, it is a decision that will stifle the creativity and eliminate the dreams of today's children who will grow up to become the next generation of explorers beyond our planet!

I rest my case.

Well said, Barrister Bizarro ;)

Thurmond

lonewolf7717

rocket powered rocket droppers....that fire rockets??????? anyone????
Correction, in light of recent information as it pertains to said rockets.......may I submit this subtle grammatical change in the previous post......"rocket powered rocket droppers.......that dispense rockets??????? anyone????"

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
In all honesty any plane can do this. Even the nutball. If you build a cradle under the aircraft that can drop the rocket plane all you need is a servo that will release it then all you have to do is figure out how to fire the rocket!

earthsciteach

Hey, if you are isolated with no chance of damaging any property and can quickly deal with a grass fire, I say go for it.

lonewolf7717

btw "can quickly deal with a grass fire" does not mean a water hose.....it means a wheel loader such as this one warmed up and ready to go with a bucket full of dirt.
Wheel-Loaders1.jpg

Carmatious

Definition:

I rest my case.

Thank you my defendant. I guess volunteer lawyers are better than paid personnel. Merci.

Carmatious

In all honesty any plane can do this. Even the nutball. If you build a cradle under the aircraft that can drop the rocket plane all you need is a servo that will release it then all you have to do is figure out how to fire the rocket!

I understand you, but the nutball and a cargo plane have many differences. And I just wanted to see something like it on FliteTest. You following me?

Carmatious

That's when the cargo plane has a water drop

Wow I like where this is going. In some pint in life I was going to build a plane that has a tank. Cause here in Canada it snows quite a bit. Imagine a plane that sprays salt water or such onto sidewalks and roads. That would be nice.