Carl Golderg Tiger 2 Rescue and Rebuild!

OliverW

Legendary member
Sorry for no updates as of late. I'm waiting on my friend Carl to give me the fuse before I can make anymore progress on the wings so I can make sure my airfoil is right

OliverW

Legendary member
Finally picked her up yesterday. First thing I did was clean it off. I used my covering iron to tighten up the trim as 2 of the pieces were extremely saggy, and when I did so they shrunk up as it looked and felt like monkote, but for some reason the builder decided to use fabric covering for the trim.. anyways the servo install is horrible. One servo is zip tied in! I then removed the steering servo and the nose gear so I can convert it to a tail dragger.
20200801_203629.jpg
20200801_203352.jpg
20200801_203349.jpg

Quinnyperks

Legendary member
Finally picked her up yesterday. First thing I did was clean it off. I used my covering iron to tighten up the trim as 2 of the pieces were extremely saggy, and when I did so they shrunk up as it looked and felt like monkote, but for some reason the builder decided to use fabric covering for the trim.. anyways the servo install is horrible. One servo is zip tied in! I then removed the steering servo and the nose gear so I can convert it to a tail dragger. View attachment 176163 View attachment 176164 View attachment 176165
You going the reddevilsquadron route?

OliverW

Legendary member
It's been awhile since any activity happened on this thread. I couldn't get the old wing to work out, so i waited for some decent plans to pop up, and it finally happened! Can't wait to have this one flying as it will be a little hot rod with the .46 I'm dropping in it

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
Finally picked her up yesterday. First thing I did was clean it off. I used my covering iron to tighten up the trim as 2 of the pieces were extremely saggy, and when I did so they shrunk up as it looked and felt like monkote, but for some reason the builder decided to use fabric covering for the trim.. anyways the servo install is horrible. One servo is zip tied in! I then removed the steering servo and the nose gear so I can convert it to a tail dragger. View attachment 176163 View attachment 176164 View attachment 176165
Please tell me it was never flown like that.

Bricks

Master member
It`s probably not fabric for the trim but sticky sheets I have a bunch in different colors checker board etc.

Piotrsko

Master member
Back a while ago, there were a couple of coverings that were woven embossed and one that was heat activated actual fabric for those who couldnt get their act together attaching and shrinking it. I think about 1985 or so. Myself, I see nothing wrong about a tie-wrapped servo. Btdt among other really odd things at 3 am getting ready to fly after a midnight shift.