Carrier Landing Challenge

Eric Deagle

Here is a challenge for you all!

Stretch out a thin bungee chord across your runway, leave a little slack in it though. Next, install a tail hook to your aircraft. That's it your all set to become a carrier ace. We've done this in the past at a fun fly, and it was a blast, its kind of like a spot landing challenge on steroids. Would be pretty cool to see an FPV view of this as well.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
I like it! Maybe have a challenge with David shocking the Joshes and bixler with the f18 vs Scott with the old fogey or bix 2.
I think Scott could win this one!

robschonk

Don't even need a bungee cord. Just a couple of weights and a string. The force of the arrested landing would tend to pull the weights together and slightly forward. The bungee might launch the aircraft in reverse! To make it even more of a challenge, lay a couple of sheets of 4X8 plywood end to end and do a trap on the "Carriers" deck.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I like it. A bit of marking paint on the ground would work in the old pipe yard I fly in.

MrClean

I've done it on the end of Lines, Carrier is a hoot. Took 2nd place in Skyray at Sig one year, where I got my "MrClean" handle.

robschonk

Gotta hook the third wire.

Just before you touch down, ram on full power in case you have a "bolter". If you dribble off the end of the flight deck, you lose!