Catastrophic whoop crash

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
I was zipping along when I hit the stop sign... And it stopped me all right :rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Frame trashed, 3 standoffs broken, duct broken, canopy broken, camera scratched, and when the canopy tore off it pulled one of the pads from the fc with ito_O.

Is there any way to solder the wire back where the pad got torn off?

Will the fc be ok? I pushed the area that lifted back down and tested with a smoke stopper, nothing wrong there.

Thanks for any help

Mr_Stripes

Attachments

• WIN_20210321_12_35_27_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20210321_12_35_27_Pro.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 0

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
I can see a little grey square where it was attached. The pad is on the wire now. However, the board has a plug and play camera plug. I just didn't have any plugs so I soldered mine on. I found a compatible pug on newbeedrone so that is what I am going to do.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
You can try putting a small blob of solder over where the trace is, then attach the motor wire and see if the ESC can see the motor.

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
Because the pads are about 1.5x1.5 mm and .5mm apart I have an idea. It is a 5v pad that got pulled up. Could I solder the cam wire where it is supposed to and then have the camera share the 5v and gnd with the receiver like the diagram below?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-17 132906_LI.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-17 132906_LI.jpg
    686 KB · Views: 0

CappyAmeric

Elite member
Because the pads are about 1.5x1.5 mm and .5mm apart I have an idea. It is a 5v pad that got pulled up. Could I solder the cam wire where it is supposed to and then have the camera share the 5v and gnd with the receiver like the diagram below?
You can share a 5v pad if the amp draw isn't too high.

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
I noticed you have this Armattan HD Badger HD Gecko HD Tadpole, Dave_C HD 4", Source 1 HD V2 7", 533 Tiny Trainer HD 3", TorqueFPV Hornet HD 3”

Hd=DJI?

How is it if you have it.

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
Yup. Im gonna try to get it by the end of the summer. Alredy looking to do a vistapick with a nebula nano, and a 2 inch like the gep rocket.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
Yup. Im gonna try to get it by the end of the summer. Alredy looking to do a vistapick with a nebula nano, and a 2 inch like the gep rocket.
I have more Vistas than Air Units. I like the Vista a lot - one antenna is better than the two on the Air Unit too.

Are you going to build your own or RTF? If RTF, I recommend the Emax BabyHawk II HD. It is a 3.5 inch and can stay under 249 grams.

https://www.racedayquads.com/collections/new-products/products/emax-bnf-babyhawk-2-hd-choose-your-rx

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
Ya I was eying that one. But i already have a 3 inch toothpick that I would put a vista in, and DaveC's 4 inch freestyle is lookin pretty sweet. But I also like smaller stuff. My toothpick is about as big as I can get away with around my house and I still have to be carefull. It rips and is a ton of fun but I like my 1s whoop a bit better because it is super quiet, no one cares where or when I fly it, and it still feels really fast in the right location.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
Ya I was eying that one. But i already have a 3 inch toothpick that I would put a vista in, and DaveC's 4 inch freestyle is lookin pretty sweet. But I also like smaller stuff. My toothpick is about as big as I can get away with around my house and I still have to be carefull. It rips and is a ton of fun but I like my 1s whoop a bit better because it is super quiet, no one cares where or when I fly it, and it still feels really fast in the right location.
I built an early prototype Dave_C 4"