CC3D board problem?

atsa1

Hello. I bought myself a KingKong Force 200 starterset with cc3d micro flight controller. (LibrePilot tells me it's standard CopterControl not cc3d)
Problem is - when i lay the quad on the table without propellers and give some throttle everything is working nice. I can give roll and yaw inputs and motors react as they should. But as soon as i lift the quad from the table will trigger motors to spin faster and faster untill full throttle. No matter what i do with transmitters throttlestick motors either will be cut or rev to max. When i cut the motors and start again it works like for 5 second. But as soon as copter gets some Upwards movement it spins the motors up. I have uploaded a video to youtube. You can hear how motors react if i lift copter. If i lift they spin up and if i lower they spin a little down but not much. In Librepilot i have made sure that Flight controller is in quad the correct way and i set it in with arrow pinting forward and so on. Motor wiring is correct because in Librepilot, if i test motors manually from software it works perfectly. When i went for a test flight quad just shooted into sky and i got scared to lose it. Cut the throttle and it rolled upside down. With a little throttle movement i was able to save my quad with soft landing (read: Soft drop) into tall grass. Same problem is in Attitude and Acro mode.

Here is the video (PS! No, it's not that i move the quad fast. I can move quad up and down slowly too and motors still act up like this) It's like cc3d has one chip mounted backwards so it thinks up is down and opposite.

As you can see from the 0:17 it won't respond to my controller input at all.
Oh, and on testflight it didn't respond my yaw, tilt and roll at all. Only throttle. While it is flat on the table without props it works fine.

jaskoller

I guess the first thing I would do is calibrate your ESC's with your controller. Typically you would turn your radio on, put your throttle in the max position then plug in your quad, wait for the beep, then bring your throttle all the way back to zero. Then unplug the quad and turn off the radio. Then turn the radio back on, plug the quad in and see how it reacts.

atsa1

You people never read the whole text. I make it short then.

ESC-s ARE calibrated! Fact! If i hold the quad flat on the table and move the throttle stick it all works as it should. Motors spin up as much as i give throttle! ( I can make new video after work where i don't lift the quad up and show you)

Problem only kicks in if i lift the quad UP from the table!

I have this flight controller. The only correct way to insert it is pins up? and arrow in front.Otherwise it would not sit in correct position on frame because pins sit a bit higher than the case it is in.

If i turn quadcopter upside down and connect librepilot it shows me that quad is upside down. So cc3d is in the correct way.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Fine attitude to take with people giving you their free time, trying to help you :p Try to not take your frustration out on them, please.

I haven't seen the video (I can't view it from where I am), but what do you mean by "lift"?

Do you mean "pick up", meaning by hand, or "take off", meaning under thrust from the props?

If you are holding the airframe as it lifts up, the motors have no control of the motion -- the CC3D feels the motion and tries to correct, but since the motion doesn't improve, it tries harder . . . and harder . . . and so on.

OttoPilot

Yeah, sorry....I read the whole post and understand your frustration.

Its just that the majority of the people who are having issues and have "set everything up correctly" typically didn't set everything up correctly....so its worth going back and checking the obvious things.

It sounds like your ESCs are calibrated...and the issue duplicated itself during an actual flight and almost flew away...correct?

Did you run through the vehicle setup wizard, or did you do all the setup manually?

Can you post screenshots of your Stabilization Configuration tab, Input Configuration, and Attitude Configuration tabs?

atsa1

I'm sorry if i seemed rude, but i covered all those parts already in my first post what others offered. This determines that they don't mind reading the whole text and offer anything that comes in mind.

I mean if i pick the quad up by hand motors spin up and if i lower the quad by hand it will slow down. I have my other quad that i do exact same thing and i know what sound and corrections quad will make if i tilt it and flight controller tries to correct it.

In This case the controller does not try to correct. It just puts 100% throttle on all motors. Like If i lift quad 20cm from the table (by hand) motors go from 5% to 100% and if i lower the quad by hand same distance the motors will slow down to like 75%. And when this happens it doesnt care what i do with my transmitter. I can only stop the motors if i pull the throttle down to 0. Then motors will stop. And if i place my quad on the table and start adding throttle without toutching the quad all motors spin up and slow down like they should when i move the trhottle stick.
When i try to fly with it again after lift off it will just shoot up to the sky without any control over yaw, roll and pitch.

atsa1

Yeah, sorry....I read the whole post and understand your frustration.

Its just that the majority of the people who are having issues and have "set everything up correctly" typically didn't set everything up correctly....so its worth going back and checking the obvious things.

It sounds like your ESCs are calibrated...and the issue duplicated itself during an actual flight and almost flew away...correct?

Did you run through the vehicle setup wizard, or did you do all the setup manually?

Can you post screenshots of your Stabilization Configuration tab, Input Configuration, and Attitude Configuration tabs?

Thank you for answering. I will post images of my setup as soon as i get home.
I did setup wizard 3 times. 1st time i did select someone else "pid" cnfiguration file. That ended in the wall. So i thought i went wrong there.
Second time i did setup again and left "Current Configuration". Well - almost flew away. Just using throttle impulses managet to get it away from asphalt and back to tall grass.

3rd time again using wizard and left current conf.

It's funny that it wont respond to any yaw and roll inputs if try to Lift off with my remote.

Maby usefull info to add - ESC's should be flashed with BlHeli. They should have OneShot 125 but i cannot select it from LibrePilot's Wizard.
Here's a question - Maby the ESC soft is somewhat crazy? Need to Reflash the ESC's?

jaskoller

I also read your complete post (twice) and I offered to do what I do when I've "supposedly" done everything correctly, I go back to basics and start over. I have found that sometimes a glitch in a system function can be corrected by starting over. Anyway, good luck, I hope you get it figured out.

atsa1

I also read your complete post (twice) and I offered to do what I do when I've "supposedly" done everything correctly, I go back to basics and start over. I have found that sometimes a glitch in a system function can be corrected by starting over. Anyway, good luck, I hope you get it figured out.

I'm sorry. I really didn't wanted to sound offencive. Just that i have been getting the same basic stuff over and over and done the settings already multiple times. I have calibrated the ESC-s manually 2 times again. Once it went really messed up and i had no motors and then i did again the whole wizard from the beginning.
Added some pictures.
img3.jpg img2.jpg img1.jpg img5.jpg img4.jpg

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Atsa,

If you don't mind, I'm curious what you have set in you flight modes -- second tab on the input screen.

atsa1

Atsa,

If you don't mind, I'm curious what you have set in you flight modes -- second tab on the input screen.

Found this image from net but i have exact same flight modes. Rate_trainer_flightmode.jpg
It does exact same thing in every mode. Someone sugested me to flash Betaflight on it but i think it should be ok with librepilot aswell.
In Addition - my transmitter is FlySky FS-T6

OttoPilot

Edited to Add: Sorry, didn't see the second page of the thread...looks like this has already been addressed.

Hmm, okay. That all looks reasonable.

Check to see if Flight Mode 'Stabilization and Modes Configuration' > 'THRUST' setting is set to 'Altitude Hold' or 'Altitude/Vario'

That little micro board won't have sensors to measure altitude (no barometric sensor or GPS) it could be causing the freakout.

Last edited:

atsa1

Well hello. Thank you for your time.

I have all set as default Thurt - Manual. I know i don't have GPS or baro so.
But i think i found a problem. It's the Accelerometer that is making it all a mess :(
Gyro forked.jpg

Look at top left image. I did this so - I placed quad on the floor. Waited for stable line. Picked up the quad by hands like 50cm, waited 4 seconds. Lowered the quad, 4 second brake, lifted the quad 4sec wait and so on. As you can see where i wrote up then i lifted where i wrote down i lowered the quad. As you can see the Accelerometer changes it's direction and don't know what is happening. When i pick up the quad sometimes it thinks it is falling and when i lower it i think's it rising up.
Could this be the problem? I calibrated gyro just before i did this and saved. Then did this test. I think it's broken :(

Dang it.... Now if i test it sometiems it worx just fine.. no problems with accelerometers. If i lift it's right way and if i lower - it's still correct. Only couple of times it won't be ok.

Last edited:

OttoPilot

This could absolutely be the problem.

What else is interesting is looking at the scale on the left, your Z Axis (up/dn) accel is 'stabilized' at -10 (not sure what units...m/s^2 maybe?). This means the sensor is telling the quad that it's accelerating downwards and the controller responding with full throttle.

With the quad sitting still all three lines (red, blue, and green) should all lay flat on one another at 0.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
I just got my mini tricopter flying with the same power combo, and I had some similarly strange issues where the Accelerometers went wacky and amplified movement rather than resisting it. I went through the board set up wizard and transmitter wizard as though it was new, and the problem went away completely.

That being said, I see that you've been through the Wizard at least 3 times, and the problem persists. I will test some things with my power combo a little bit and see what I can work out.

atsa1

I just got my mini tricopter flying with the same power combo, and I had some similarly strange issues where the Accelerometers went wacky and amplified movement rather than resisting it. I went through the board set up wizard and transmitter wizard as though it was new, and the problem went away completely.

That being said, I see that you've been through the Wizard at least 3 times, and the problem persists. I will test some things with my power combo a little bit and see what I can work out.

Well... atleast 12 times for now. Even Reflashed bootloadxer. Tryed to flash betaflight on it but...
Thing is - If i try to flash Betaflight on it it wont connect to my PC anymore and tells me Device decrypter error in USB devices. All i can do is again reflash the fhole librepilot cc3d firmware and do the whole wizardy thingy and still... same result. Gave to one expert guy to täke a look. He could not get the betaflight on it aswell. He would täke a look at it soem more but thing wont look good. Only thing is to try "originaal Openpilot" on it not Libre. Maby Libre is not supporting this Chineez Gyro and will get false reading. (aka not correct hardware for libre)

I could ask from Banggood or Hobbyking for Original firmware and not Update it in librepilot.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
I just did the same test as you and noticed something strange. Only your Pitch sensor is acting strangely. Do the readouts on the flight data page behave correctly?

atsa1

I just did the same test as you and noticed something strange. Only your Pitch sensor is acting strangely. Do the readouts on the flight data page behave correctly?

The pitch angle will be correct again if i calibrate. This one actually moves because i hold it in hand and didn't hold it always the same angle i guess.

But hey. I got this other guy taking a look at my board. Last info i got from him was at 5am :) Telling me - he almost got it working so... Maby today i get a chance to fly with it. Maby..
I'm gonna ask what he did and how he got it working. I'm sure for now that it is a cheap replica of cc3d and doesn't connect to betaflight usb driver as it should be. All he and i got was Device decryptor error :confused:

atsa1

IT WORX. IT WORX. My fellow drone guy got it working. In 2 hours i can get it back in flying condition. Then i get the whole info what was wrong. So everyone can avoid those mistakes i made.

ace-ventura-dance.gif