CCW motors overheating.

wcallum

There have been a few mentions of these kind of things on the internet but so far I haven't been able to find a working solution for my quad. the two CCW motors are overheating, while all the other motors are staying cool. I have switched the props and balanced them, checked if the arms are rotation in flight, switched the ESC's, and even switched the motors, It's always that one position where the motors are overheating.

I'm using a kk2.1.5 controller for my quad and people say that it is the PID settings that are the problem. I have messed around with the PID settings and there still seems to be a problem.
does anyone have any ideas?

thanks.

Flat4

Does the quad vibrate at all during hover? If your P's are to high it will cause oscillations, which will draw quite a bit of power resulting in hot motors. Happened today on my buddies qav250, P's were to high, made it oscillate. Came down and like just yours only the cww motors were hot. I dropped his P's a bit til the oscillations stopped and he was all set.

This will only help if your getting oscillations, but given the similar issue with my friends, I'd bet that's your culprit.

wcallum

Does the quad vibrate at all during hover? If your P's are to high it will cause oscillations, which will draw quite a bit of power resulting in hot motors. Happened today on my buddies qav250, P's were to high, made it oscillate. Came down and like just yours only the cww motors were hot. I dropped his P's a bit til the oscillations stopped and he was all set.

This will only help if your getting oscillations, but given the similar issue with my friends, I'd bet that's your culprit.

I will try that, the quad does seem to be vibration slightly. I haven't been able to get out recently but when i last flew it i increased the P gain and it seemed slightly worse. i will try to try it later.

thanks

wcallum

Hi again, I just tried the quad and that does not seem to be the problem. I reduced the p gain to 20 and they still overheated. I have also tried increasing the p gain to 150 and that did no work either.

thanks