Cessna 162

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Finally got round to designing some decals for this plane.
Designed on InkScape and printed on clear full-sheet Avery laser labels.
The black is not very very dark but with the contrast to the white EPO foam of the plane they stand out well enough.
IMG_20200221_182005341.jpg IMG_20200221_181958755.jpg

navigatorrr2

Hi Caroline,

Very nice job and excellent flight! I bought just the same plane (exactly the same) and I am in the process of building it. Just waiting for some missing pieces in the kit (one reinforcement bar for the wing and another tie rod bar didn't came with), and I hope next month I will try to fly it for the first time.

One question for you, what type of battery are you using? The seller recommended me a 2200 mAh battery, but it doesn't fit in the place. Are you using 1500mAh, or 1800mAh?

Thanks in advance!

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Hi Caroline,

Very nice job and excellent flight! I bought just the same plane (exactly the same) and I am in the process of building it. Just waiting for some missing pieces in the kit (one reinforcement bar for the wing and another tie rod bar didn't came with), and I hope next month I will try to fly it for the first time.

One question for you, what type of battery are you using? The seller recommended me a 2200 mAh battery, but it doesn't fit in the place. Are you using 1500mAh, or 1800mAh?

Thanks in advance!
I fly with a 3S 2200mAh - needed to do a tiny bit of foam removal to make it fit.

IMG_20210207_202212662.jpg

Last edited:

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
Very nice. Please excuse the off-topic question, but there's something I've been wanting to ask you. Have you ever been to the big RC Airshow at Weston Park? Everything about it looks fantastic, including the estate!

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Very nice. Please excuse the off-topic question, but there's something I've been wanting to ask you. Have you ever been to the big RC Airshow at Weston Park? Everything about it looks fantastic, including the estate!
Never have - must try and get there some day (remember those days when you could actually go to an event??).
I've been to Wings and Wheels at North Weald a few times when I used to live in London.

Last edited:

mastermalpass

Elite member
Ok, got the maiden done, fly's so smoothly. Very light wing loading resulting in a super slow flights at 25%ish throttle.

I envy your flying community. So many nice aircraft in the sky at once, even including a helicopter! :D Very nicely flown as well. Landing without nosing over is something I can only seem to do when I rip the wheels off haha!

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I envy your flying community. So many nice aircraft in the sky at once, even including a helicopter! :D Very nicely flown as well. Landing without nosing over is something I can only seem to do when I rip the wheels off haha!
I hate flying when the helicopters are in the air, they tend to fly them acrobatically over the field and it's almost impossible to predict which direction they are going to go next. Watching them crash is quite spectacular, helicopters throw their VERY expensive parts in all directions! :D

mastermalpass

Elite member
I hate flying when the helicopters are in the air, they tend to fly them acrobatically over the field and it's almost impossible to predict which direction they are going to go next. Watching them crash is quite spectacular, helicopters throw their VERY expensive parts in all directions! :D

I noticed in your vid that one kept off to the side, or am I mistaken?

It may just be my current skill level, but when I do aerobatics with my heli, I do something very similar to what I do with a plane... I so often see conflict between planes snd helis - even in a flight sim game I played, they each spawned at airbases miles apart! It saddens me; they're both awesome flying machines, yet so often it seems like pilots are either-or. :/

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I noticed in your vid that one kept off to the side, or am I mistaken?

It may just be my current skill level, but when I do aerobatics with my heli, I do something very similar to what I do with a plane... I so often see conflict between planes snd helis - even in a flight sim game I played, they each spawned at airbases miles apart! It saddens me; they're both awesome flying machines, yet so often it seems like pilots are either-or. :/
I'm so impressed with the flying skills on my flying field, both fixed wing and Heli, just the big heavy air choppers that the helicopter guys fly are actually scary when they get into the swing of things! Damn impressive!!! :)

I have a similar Cessna and found it almost impossible to take off and land on any sort of grass with the tricycle landing gear. Ended up converting it to a taildragger and then, as if by magic, I could take off and land every time.