Cessna 180 Swappable with plans. 50" inch wing span.

Timmy P

Cessna 180 Swappable with plans. Flight video. 50" inch wing span.

Hey guys. First post. Ive never spent time on the forum so I figured I would say Hi and share some pdf plans that I've created. I love the high wing Cessna so I really wanted to make my own.. It came out so nice I went ahead and made plans of my templates so I could share with the FT community. And of course it Had to be swappable. Its looks very scale and looks amazing in flight. If flies better than it looks.. Wicked slow or speedy flight with a snappy response. Its an absolute joy to fly.

Here are the plans https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B...93Y3h6dE9BRDg4Q0RkMjJNRkRDcmh2bE5UNEFhY1BFd0U

Here is the build article..http://flitetest.com/articles/cessna-180-swappable-with-plans

Some pictures
180 flaps small.jpg
wing profile small.jpg
180 front small.jpg
180 top cold small.jpg

Last edited:

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Very nice! You are more than welcome to post the article here, it can be discussed more easily than in the articles section. :)

Timmy P

Looks great. What motor and prop combo are you using?
-Stephen

I'm actually running the first plane motor I ever bought. Its a Turnigy D2822/14 1450kv. Its an excellent motor and has stood the test of time.. It started out on my Spitfire then made its way to the rear of my Versa wing. ... And I'm using a Turningy Plush 18amp ESC. The prop is a 9x3.8sf and it has good power. You could always go bigger. I have a NTM 2826 1200kv that would really tow this thing but its acting up and needs some TLC. It has lots of lift so a big motors not really needed.
The 2822 is the smallest I have other than a 2204 and I know thats not doing anything. So you guys can try some experiments and let everyone know your results..

Timmy P

I bet this would scale to 60% for mini pods....

Wouldn't ya know... She actually began life as about 60% with a 32 inch wing span. I created this plane for indoor flight. But loved it enough I wanted a big one.. And soon Ill be scaling it up a bit more for a tow plane at Flight Fest.
180 big and little small.jpg

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
Wouldn't ya know... She actually began life as about 60% with a 32 inch wing span. I created this plane for indoor flight. But loved it enough I wanted a big one.. And soon Ill be scaling it up a bit more for a tow plane at Flight Fest.
View attachment 47179

Happen to have the 60% plans? :D all i have is the mini powerpod..

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Welcome to the forum!

Very nice bird. You did an awesome job with this design.

Timmy P

If anybody has a Micro Center near by, they have a connection with Hobby King and and are selling parts at their same prices. Turnigy Batteries and escs. NTM motors. and even Spectrum Remotes. The DX6i is $125 now? I had to get a 45amp esc for 18 bucks on the spot! Check it out guys. I'm excited about this.

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
If anybody has a Micro Center near by, they have a connection with Hobby King and and are selling parts at their same prices. Turnigy Batteries and escs. NTM motors. and even Spectrum Remotes. The DX6i is $125 now? I had to get a 45amp esc for 18 bucks on the spot! Check it out guys. I'm excited about this.

I have one about an hour away, so I'll have to check it out when I'm in the area. I don't see any Hobby King products on the web site, so I'm wondering if they all stock these products. Thanks for the heads-up.

Last edited:

Timmy P

I have one about an hour away, so I'll have to check it out when I'm in the area. I don't see any Hobby King on the web site, so I'm wondering if they all stock these products. Thanks for the heads-up.

Did you select your store location? Maybe not all stores have a uav/drone section. I can search Hobby king, drone, turnigy, ect. The store nearby is very popular here in Columbus so it may have special stock... bummer

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
Did you select your store location? Maybe not all stores have a uav/drone section. I can search Hobby king, drone, turnigy, ect. The store nearby is very popular here in Columbus so it may have special stock... bummer

Both the stores in Atlanta don't seem to stock hobby king stuff. They have servos but they don't look like the HK selection and are higher priced.