Cessna 180 Swappable with plans. 50" inch wing span.

Gazoo

Getting inspired again...

An angry tree ate mine. Happened a few months ago. I may be getting inspired to build another now.

Attachments

• 20170216_115721.jpg
    20170216_115721.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • 20170216_115730.jpg
    20170216_115730.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3

Gazoo

That looks like a pain in the arse. I like the color scheme tho. I just finished building two Pietenpol Air Campers. One with the new DTFB and one with Ross.

I was going to build another Spit as mine took a dirt nap, but... Dang it...you're making me want to assemble another Cessna. I think that I'd do the landing gear differently, however.

I may just stay "tuned in" and live vicariously for the moment.

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
Do it. :) yah I had some 30 year old red baron covering and some monokote left over from the old days. I sprayed with 3m then let sit till tacky then ironed on. Yes it's a pain in the arse but I think it will be worth it. Calling it a night.

IMG_0668.JPG

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
Getting there still got turtle decks cut and coverd. Windows decals. servo and control horns and rods installed. Wood to mount wing. Motor pod and fire wall. Testing.
IMG_0682.JPG

IMG_0681.JPG

Gazoo

Here it is...

My 14 YO nephew was over for the weekend. We knocked the Cessna 180 out in two days. He did most of the work and I took a more supervisory role. Much of the build was made up as we went along because we only had the plans and my horrible memory to work off of.

As you can see in the background, we had a long weekend of building FT planes and flying my simulator that I moved to the kitchen table. The weather was not too good so we were not able to crash anything that was not electronic.

Attachments

• 20170319_124351.jpg
    20170319_124351.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • 20170319_124420.jpg
    20170319_124420.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • 20170319_124434.jpg
    20170319_124434.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I printed the plans and I will make one out of cardboard, I guess I will remove the power pod and have a fixed motor tho.
I will try to put covering film on it and make it as watertight as possible so I can use it as a seaplane, that would be cool. What do you think about that. Would it work?

Gazoo

Cessna with floats attached - I haven't flown it like this yet. I haven't ever flown a plane from the water so whenever I find the time, this will be fun and interesting. I might have to rig a harpoon gun on the front of the air boat like Peter's so I can recover the wreckage.

View attachment 73704 View attachment 73705

You mean like this? I think it looks really nice with floats. Not sure how the cardboard would work out as I have never built a plane with it.

I, for one, would like to see it when you are finished and also see how it flies. Good Luck on the build! Please post pics and video.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I will fly it with wheels before trying it on the water. Also I will have to try it on a weather unless I find a lake nearby so I will keep a boat ready.

Gazoo

Any progress on yours bhursey? My nephew is very "spirited" at the sticks so there is not much left of his that is not covered with tape or glue. I can't believe that it still can fly.

Timmy P

Hey guys not sure if you have seen my newest Cessna Build. I Think I mentioned here that I wanted to recreate a Cessna 337 Skymaster.. It took me some time to do it.. But it happened really fast... I just used what i learned with the 180, and the 337 just fell together. Its the same basic top deck with formers and posterboard. But this one has a motor on the front, and on the back! Its like a plane with 4 wheel drive lol... I think they are really neat planes.
Here is a picture and video of the maiden.

Also a link to the Thread. http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?34865-Cessna-337-Skymaster-Inline-Twin-Full-Fuselage
Cessna 337.jpg

adnanasghar453

Cessna 180 Swappable with plans. Flight video. 50" inch wing span.

Hey guys. First post. Ive never spent time on the forum so I figured I would say Hi and share some pdf plans that I've created. I love the high wing Cessna so I really wanted to make my own.. It came out so nice I went ahead and made plans of my templates so I could share with the FT community. And of course it Had to be swappable. Its looks very scale and looks amazing in flight. If flies better than it looks.. Wicked slow or speedy flight with a snappy response. Its an absolute joy to fly.

Here are the plans https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5RrwJ2woyg6fjJldTJFMU9JNU93Y3h6dE9BRDg4Q 0RkMjJNRkRDcmh2bE5UNEFhY1BFd0U&authuser=0

Here is the build article..http://flitetest.com/articles/cessna-180-swappable-with-plans

Some pictures
View attachment 47152
View attachment 47153
View attachment 47154
View attachment 47155
dear link is not working can you plz send the pdf file plans of CESSNA 180