Cessna 337 Skymaster Inline Twin. Full Fuselage

Timmy P

In the Flite Fest video they give the Skymaster a nice segment starting at 3:15. It was a awesome flying with Alex and talking about something I put my efforts into. I'm glad people like the plane as much as I do. This is great. Im on TV! haha .

Timmy P

So a thing happened today.. I realized the benefit of the redundancy of an inline twin motor.. Today at the local club field, I lost my front prop at some point during a flight. I hadn't even realized I was a motor down until I landed and the prop wasn't on the runway. I was a bit shocked to be honest. So I decided to call it a time for a little test. So I unplugged the front motor and sent it back in the air for a single motor take off.. And it flew just fine.. Wings stayed nice and level and it climbed very well. It was close the the same speed, It just didnt have quite the vertical climb. But thats also carrying the dead weight of an inactive motor. So this plane will fly just fine as a pusher with a single 2216 size motor.. I guess I'll throw one of my big fast motors in the front and see if I can get some airspeed out of this thing..

Timmy P

Are you still planning on releasing plans for this?

Yeah........ I been kinda busy with summer lol.. I had some time last night to work on a beta build. Its kinda slow going because I'm filming everything so I can make a detailed build video.. So for the video I think I need to have footage from 3 builds to get all the angles I need.. I only have one HD camera. So I need lots of B-Roll. Ill set a deadline to September 1st.

Timmy P

So this is the last beta build, also last build I will need to do before releasing the plans.. Everything is now perfect.
I changed the way its put together, along with a few adjustments to the way it flies. Now it needs zero trim adjustments.
And can fly at full speed. Even at a dive and it wont lift. I've never had an airframe that aims so straight. So the pfd is done.. Im currently adding the notes and whatnot for the plans. Build video is almost 3 hours long. And Hey look.. I made an Oscar Deuce. The plane from the movie Bat 21. It looks amazing.. I'm about to head to the field and fly this thing.
337 small.jpg

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
A couple sizes seem popular - 20x30 goes nicely onto foam board of course, along with A4 and 8.5x11 tiled options

Timmy P

Great news! Congrats on nearing the wrap point on an excellent project!

Thanks, its been a long time.. I created the first build in just a few hours.. Then realized how slowly I would peck away at things that needed changed. And I biff'd one edit/build and it was for nothing lol.. So I had to build another one. So total I have built 5 planes now. But am very happy with this last build. And am just amazed by how well it flyes. The flight envelope is just so large. With the aluminum wingspar inspired by NerdNic I can rip some serious Gs with it now. And the way it floats so predictably at stall speeds. It just wont drop a wing. Im very excited to release the plans and see people and their experiences with it. Im sitting here working on the PDF now...

Michael9865

Elite member
I would encourage 20"x30" and providing the tiled options for those who print them that way. I personally like the 20"x30" option, but know of others like the tiled options.

Timmy P

I would encourage 20"x30" and providing the tiled options for those who print them that way. I personally like the 20"x30" option, but know of others like the tiled options.

So I usually use adobe x to print plans as tiled.. Maybe I need to watch NerdNicks Tutorial and see if it shows how to tile a pdf....

Timmy P

Great job and looking forward to the plans. Any thoughts of a kit?

Yeah.... But Ive wondered what that takes to have that done by myself? Or are you asking if I want FT to make a kit? Because that would be cool. But people need to send enough request emails to FT for something like that to happen.... Im assuming.

Timmy P

The PDF and Build video are done and posted... The Build article is pending approval.. Coming soon. My mission is almost complete lol.. Now I just need a lot of people to build it lol.. I hope to see a few photos and maybe one at flite fest next year to fly with. If you build it.. please post your pictures here in the forum. Tell me how it flies and throw some criticism where its due. I want to perfect this build. So this may just be version1 if I need to make edits.

Reactions: dav

Timmar

Am I missing it or is the PDF not there. Really liked the build video. Now want the plans so can see if I can make one